We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sophias hotel

newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
sophias hotel

Hi have not been to greece before so this is our first time.we are going in june and staying at sophias hotel, has anyone been?. I can only see reviews from last year and was wondering if they are ok. Also given the economy, and this is self catering can anyone advise on the prices for this year so we have an idea on what money we need to have in our budget.

thanks

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sophias hotel

Sofias is a good accommodation. In resort supermarkets are a bit more expensive that the local ones and British products are very expensive compared to back home but it will all depend what you like and what your looking for.

newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sophias hotel

Thanks a lot for your reply will take some things with me then

scotland
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sophias hotel

hi, i have been to kalamaki a few times,we were there last year in fact,we found the prices very reasonable in the resort,although you are self catering the restaurants in kalamaki are all excellent and really good value for money,like kev says, if you buy brittish food in the supermarkets its a lot more expensive so you would be as cheap to eat out.all the bars are really good too,you will find drinks from 2 euros up to 5 or 6 euros,really , dont worry about anything,im sure you will love kalamaki.

newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sophias hotel

thanks reassured as it is our first time and a little unsure about prices after a friend freaked me out when she said it would be really expensive due to the greek economy. also booked last minute so didnt really research like i would normally.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sophias hotel

We are stopping at sophia's in june we are taking £800 with us for 2 weeks. If you plan on stopping in a night or 2 I wouldnt bother cooking just buy a gyros for a couple of euros. Ill echo what others are saying as english things in the supermarkets are imported then they are bound to be expensive. You wont be disappointed.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sophias hotel

Hi we stayed at Sophias two years ago had a great time and have booked to go back this year in June and September. We ate out every day as has already been said restaurants are great. The quality is much better than what you get for your money at home. Would recommend couple of restaurants not sure of names but am sure someone will. First one is on a corner near Carretta Beach hotel name began with a P and second was in other direction has a long slope up to restaurant.

newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sophias hotel

thanks everyone for the replys might see you in june

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sophias hotel

NikikinAndy,

Your really fortunate that Tazies is only 150m from Sophias and serves some of the best Gyros Ive ever had.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 07:47
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sophias hotel

Hi ianstu,

I agree with you there, they are the best ive ever had.

So looking forward to taking Andy to Greece as he's never been.

manchester...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sophias hotel

we are heading there 2nd june and takin 700£ for a week...

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations