We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zante weather in June 2013

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Zante weather in June 2013

So, i've been keeping an eye on the weather in Kalamaki for about a month, and from what i can see online it is still quite cold with not much sun.

The reason we booked June was because i was told that it is the best month to go for weather, and i am one for the sun. i have been visiting rhodes for the past 3 years in june and every single year it has been nothing but sun.

Basically does anyone have any idea as to whats going on and is it going to get better.

Many thanks

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

Well today its sunny, hot and blue sky.

In June it has been known to rain but nothing like the UK, its not days on end, maybe just an hour but when it rain, Monsoon.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

Rain can happen any time on Zante but when it does it's usally over quickly. Even in July last year when temperatures were searing at 40 degrees, we still had a rain storm one afternoon. Hammered down for near 10 minutes and 30 mins later you would never have even known it had happened. If you are unliucky enough to get a rainstorm, enjoy it. The air is wonderful afterwards.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

Also I forgot to add its pointless looking at the weather for Zakynthos as that weather doesn't always mean for the whole island.

2 seasons ago it was absolutely chucking it down in Alykes/Alykanas but in Kalamaki it was blue sky and sunny.

Last season Argassi and Laganas both had rain in the same afternoon and Kalamaki which is between both resorts didn't see any and was sunny.

You just have to go with the flow, if it rains it rains, what can you do.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,345 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

Yep Kev ive been lying on a sunbed in Argassi and over the otherside of Zante town a massive storm was raging.It amazes me how quickly it dries up after it rains.And when it rains its the best time to go snorkling/swimming.When the sun comes back out time for the sunbed again.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

Cheers guy, and kevin cant wait to make a visit to your bar. theres going to be 8 of us :)

England
Level Contributor
483 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

Rained here last night and cloudy this morning. But warm and lots of sun between the clouds and showers. sitting at the beach bar now, only been wearing shorts and vest all day. This is about typical for May.

June is usually wall to wall sunshine!! But if it does rain its over quickly and is really just an excuse to go to the bar for a while!!

Should say we are in Vasillikos, and other resorts could have experienced different weather! Though the clouds have hung low over Skopos all day!

Looks as if it is raining in Zante Town now.

Athens, Greece
7 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

Last days the weather is pretty unstable in Ionian islands (including Zante) with chance for rainshowers and moderate breeze W/WNW winds. Next week the weather is expected much better with temperatures reaching 22-24 degrees Celsius.

Weather forecast for Laganas: www.youweather.com/weather_forecast.php…

Blackpool
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

Just returned today from a very hot Zakinthos....touching 30C at times. Last day (Thursday) was cloudy but still warm.

19. Re: Zante weather in June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations