We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Tips?

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Tips?

With so many of us flying soon (9weeks for us not soon enough!) - what tips do you have to share?

Mine would be:

When we go to Greece we always bring a box or two of nappy sacks - ideal for the loo roll situation

I also bring some facecloths for when it gets really hot to have on hand to wipe our faces - better than using the beach towel and can be kept in bag to keep it free from sand etc

Please share any handy tips xx

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
872 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Tips?

I took a small bamboo stick last year in case anyone forgot about the toilet situation lol! I also take nappy sacks or that reason. :-)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Tips?

Bamboo stick is a really good idea Nicky I must pack one of those x

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Tips?

I take nappy sacks too! And baby wipes for the beach!! Always take a plug in anti mosquito thing for the room too!! And freezer ice cube bags for the room. Always have a drink whilst getting ready to go out !! And have my own ice cubes! To be honest I think a lot of the people who suffer with their tummys put it down to local water but never to the fact they eat and drink much more than normal in the heat !! So I stay safe and make my own ice with bottled water! When are you out there? We go 25 July

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Tips?

27 July for us Melp. I always like to have a drink while getting ready to go out too and we definitely avoid the tap water for everything except washing clothes

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Tips?

hi guys whats this toilet situation you talking about, going in just under 2 weeks and havent heard anything about that lol .. just want to make sure i am ready lol x

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Tips?

Well you can't put toilet roll in the loo as the drains can't cope with it! So you normally have a bin with a lid for this although they empty them regularly. So nappy sacks solve any problem as you can seal them before putting any paper in the bin. Just more hygienic that way!! Also as we are used to flushing it down the loo it makes sense for whoever else uses the loo not to have to see what the other person left!! We are spoilt in the uk really!! Took me a while to get used to it!! I think some of the bigger hotels are ok with flushing paper but to be honest wherever we have been its the same!! So better safe than sorry !!

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Tips?

Where are u staying??

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Tips?

Two of us are staying in the Macedonia and two more in the two brothers what about you Melp?

Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Tips?

Hi donna9809. We are staying at the dias. Never been to kalamaki before. Went to alykanas last time!! Can't wait for some sun!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Tips?

Same here haven't had sun in years haha and never been to Zante. We might run into each other over there

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki