We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back home

England
Level Contributor
465 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Back home

Got home yesterday afternoon, will write a review shortly

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back home

Hope you enjoyed it, we've been back a week and it seems like a month. Waiting for TA to publish our review, not quite sure why they are taking so long!

England
Level Contributor
465 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back home

we loved the place, the hotel, the people. brilliant holiday apart from the morning that we were coming home, our friends in the next room got robbed while they were in bed sleeping, my friends husband woke up at 5am to find a man in their room,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back home

That's terrible, where were you staying ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back home

@ KazP

I agree Trip adviser seem to be taking a very long time to publish reviews, it is odd as often there can be teething problems with a system when first set up, but this seems to have got a lot slower of late, it is a shame as it will damage the site as less will bother to add genuine reviews, of course those using the reviews to "promote" their own business will persevere, and as such the credibility of reviews / the sitre could suffer.

I appreciate they need to be mindful of first time reviewers, but surely when someone has a track record for numerous reviews in many different countries they should apply some common sense.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back home

Odd thing is they published 3 reviews but left the other 3 pending...been waiting for them to respond to email but nothing yet.

As you say first time reviewers take a little longer as I guess these are flagged up on their system but for regular contributors, it really shouldn't take longer than a couple of days or so.

England
Level Contributor
465 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back home

we stayed at Denny's Inn

Rotherham, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Back home

I arrived back from Kalamaki yesterday and had a fab holiday with family and friends. Unfortunately I too had a terrible incident where I was robbed by a passing car near to Dennys Inn where they drove by me and my husband and snatched my hanbag with all my personal belongings in. Whilst this was a very traumatic experience for us I don’t blame the Greek people that live and work there. It is a beautiful resort with friendly locals and we didn't let these thugs that stole my things ruin our holiday. I would just advise that the beach roads are poorly lit and to be extra vigilant at night around these areas.

Rotherham, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Back home

I arrived back from Kalamaki yesterday and had a fab holiday with family and friends. Unfortunately I too had a terrible incident where I was robbed by a passing car near to Dennys Inn where they drove by me and my husband and snatched my hanbag with all my personal belongings in. Whilst this was a very traumatic experience for us I don’t blame the Greek people that live and work there. It is a beautiful resort with friendly locals and we didn't let these thugs that stole my things ruin our holiday. I would just advise that the beach roads are poorly lit and to be extra vigilant at night around these areas.

Rotherham, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Back home

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,882 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Back home

julie s. they probably weren't greeks anyway,according to the stats for this type of crimes in greece it's immigrants usually.nothing racist,just pointing a simple truth

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations