We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Flights

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Flights

Hi

we are thinking about next year and weighing up whether to book via travel agent package or separate flights and hotel booking. Having booked packages this year we know costs for this option can any one give me an idea of when flights are released for next june and costs for it we would be flying from Gatwick / Luton or Stansted.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Flights

Hi Kenyatwo,

We're going to Zante in a couple of weeks time and was in the same situation as you last year. I found going independent much cheaper by a long way than the tour operators. I found Easyjet released their flights for the summer period about Oct 2012 for 2013 summer. I kept checking everyday and found they released them at 2am one day (checked again before going to bed). I got a bargain as I've checked prices to compare over the last few months and I'm going to feel smug sitting on that plane ! So to bag a bargain I would check from around sept time and book asap as they are released as they have never gone down in price past what I got them for. We fly from Gatwick, and at ok times as well. Good luck x

Mentioned in this post
Zante
Zante
59 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,484 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Flights

Easyjet flight time from Gatwick is 05.45 so early start but flight home from Zante is great around lunchtime.Think a lot of peaple including myself will be logging on daily looking for the cheap seats.

Mentioned in this post
Zante
Zante
59 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
peterborough
Level Contributor
991 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Flights

Yes it is about that time of year again when we all turn orange...logging onto Easy Jet a couple of times a day at least...well worth the hassle though :)

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Flights

just wish they would fly from manchester :(

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Flights

Me too! Seems impossible to get a cheap flight to zante from manchester these days!

Liverpool, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Flights

Oh if only easyjet flew from manchester to zante!!!! Or any budget airline really ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Flights

Hello Shaedwards,

Jet2 another budget airline was starting to fly to Zante this year. Do they go from Manchester ?

Mentioned in this post
Zante
Zante
59 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Liverpool, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Flights

Hi Busymummy_11

Yes jet2 do fly from manchester but they're not as "budget" as you'd think, I had a quick look at flights for next year and they are around the same price as Thomas Cook or Thomson :-(

Bristol
Level Contributor
341 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Flights

If there was ever a chance of booking direct with the hotel and getting flight only we would. One year we saved £400 booking direct the the Amaryllis and flying with Thomson Fly from Bristol. Sadly we can no longer book direct with the Amaryllis as it appears Thomson and Thomas Cook block book the rooms, probably as per contract agreement. This means for us to visit our second home we need to book a package which with the new school holiday rules means it may price us out of our annual visit to Zante.

I am constantly checking prices with both operators, but we may be force to do something like all inclusive away from Zante! Gutted!

Mentioned in this post
Amaryllis Hotel
Amaryllis Hotel
320 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Zante
Zante
59 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Flights

I found jet2 to be expensive from manchester as well, slightly cheaper than thomas cook and thomson but we booked with monarch this year as they were the cheapest although not by much

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki