We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunbeds and bunk bed rooms marelen

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
sunbeds and bunk bed rooms marelen

Hi all,

Beginning the search for next summers holiday. Been looking at the Marelen but just wanted to check out 2 things from previous guests. First off sun beds, we will be going high season in August and was just wondering if you have to be down by the pool at silly o clock to get a lounger or is it a little more relaxed. Also the only accommodation I seem to be able to book due to my family size is the bunk bed rooms with breakfast included. I understand that these rooms will be smaller, but how small are we talking and comparing some of the pictures from different room types are these the rooms that require more in the way of updating?

Many thanks to all that can help x :-)

England
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunbeds and bunk bed rooms marelen

We went in August and got sun beds at both pools any time of day with no reserving needed.

The rooms are quite tight, they are a little dated but clean and tidy, so not a problem really.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
35 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunbeds and bunk bed rooms marelen

We were there from 15th - 29th August, we never had any trouble getting 4 beds together at all, even if we went to the beach and came back in the afternoon we still managed no problem. We had a two bed apartment, one room had 2 single beds and the other had bunk beds, the bunk beds were too small for my 15 and 13 year olds but the hotel were great and made up 2 very comfortable full sized beds for them, because of this space in that room was quite tight but manageable. However, if your children are younger then the bunk beds would be OK. Storage space was good with a huge wardrobe and ample drawer space. The Marelen is a brilliant choice though and great for adults and children of all ages . Good luck in your search.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunbeds and bunk bed rooms marelen

we went in high season this year. Never had any problem getting a sunbed round main pool - but splash pool sometimes was a pain to get one. We stayed in a room with bunks it was very good - big and very clean. Had a excellent time and have booked to go in 2014 in August so will probably see you there!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunbeds and bunk bed rooms marelen

we with stayed last year in august with grand children rooms not bad size bunks a little on the small side we only got sun beds if we were down for half 7 in the morning had to set the alarm and I really don't like having to do that when your on holiday having said this we had a great time and would go again.

5. Re: sunbeds and bunk bed rooms marelen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations