We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i have the truth please

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
can i have the truth please

love zante so much and i want to book again for june 2014.

found a good deal to the mecedonia apts in kalamaki(not stayed in kalamaki before).

thomas cook say the apts are 200m from the resort centre but reviews say its a taxi ride away.

like the sound of the mecedonia but only if its close to bars and restaurants.

don't want a long walk home in the evening after a belly full of ale.

so what is the truth?

regards tracey

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can i have the truth please

10 minutes tops

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can i have the truth please

how much would a taxi be.

tracey

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can i have the truth please

Taxis within the resort area are a fixed €6.

http://www.zantetaxi.gr/en_prices.php

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
598 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can i have the truth please

If you were to walk from the Macedonia to Venue Bar in the middle of the strip is 1.2km 15 mins to the Old Road its 1.7km about 20mins walk.

To get to the begining of the strip its as Pammark says 10mins.

Gateshead
Level Contributor
504 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can i have the truth please

We stayed at the Macedonia 3 yrs ago and our first time in Kalamaki. In my personal opinion it was too far out for us - we have since stayed mid strip and it is perfect for the Old Road too.

The above posts are quite accurate and tbh Kalamaki is not that big - I didn't think the Macedonia was far enough away to warrent a taxi (unless you are going straight to the Old Road) but did think it was a bit of a hike especially when the sun was still out as you headed out for an evening.

On the plus side it is a lovely complex, close to the beach and you do have a supermarket about 5 mins away tops. Paolo Restaurant is probably about 7 mins away then another few mins to bars....... I am just a bit lazy and found it a long walk back in early hours if we had been at the Old Road.

This link will show you a map so you can see exactly where everything is in relation to the Macedonia and you can make your own mind up (we have met lots of people who have stayed further away than the Macedonia and it was not a problem for them). Whatever you decide, enjoy and I am sure you will love Kalamaki http://www.justzante.co.uk/kalamaki.htm

Edited: 20 September 2013, 22:40
London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can i have the truth please

We stayed here in aug and I think it was in perfect location two mins to top of road where the main strip begins with a couple of supermarkets bus stops and then another couple mins to the restaurants and bars never had an issue walking anywhere . 5 mins down road to beach really loved it here :-)

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can i have the truth please

Macedonia are in a perfect location,a 10 minute stroll for the restaurants/bars/shops. My mum has some mobility problems & was able to walk there & back every night. No way is it a taxi ride. IMO the Macedonia are in a PERFECT location & fab apts too with wonderful friendly hosts. Don't hesitate to book the Macedonia,we stayed in the Exotica in 2011,which was seconds off the strip but much preferred the location of Macedonia.

uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can i have the truth please

We stayed in Kalamaki Beach hotel which is at the end of the same road as Macedonia. It took us 10 minutes to walk to the top of the road and along to where the first bars were. We liked the Drunk Corner and it was 10-12 mins walk max to there total from KBH.

S. Wales UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can i have the truth please

No need for a taxi , you will miss so much by doing that

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can i have the truth please

Hi

Go to the Venus if you can get in, very nice clean, centre of Kalamaki, nice walks and about 10 min walk to the beach.

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations