We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argassi or Kalamaki

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Argassi or Kalamaki

We are a couple aged 65 which of the above would suit us, we don't want 18 To 25 group.

We like plenty of choice for tavernas in the evening, we like walks also we like to use the local bus to various places not historical places though.

We were looking at Venus hotel in Kalamaki ?

Level Contributor
381 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

Venus is fab hotel my parents visited this hotel several times , I tried book for 2014 but fully booked for dates I wanted so book up early as people return year after year x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

Kalamaki would suit your needs. Lots of quality tavernas and it semi rural with lots of places to walk. It's close to Zante town and ideal for getting around. Agassi although nice has been spoilt somewhat by the all inclusive hotels. Good choice with the Venus if your lucky enough to get in.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

Kalamaki would suit your needs. Lots of quality tavernas and it semi rural with lots of places to walk. It's close to Zante town and ideal for getting around. Agassi although nice has been spoilt somewhat by the all inclusive hotels. Good choice with the Venus if your lucky enough to get in.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 19:29
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

Thankyou"......is Zante a nice island to visit a lot of people have said not,we have been Thassos Skiathos Santorini Crete Samos Kos is it as nice as those islands

Level Contributor
381 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

Zante is lovely don't worry and get booking venus before u dissapointed like we were x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

Cannot say too much about Argassi, as I have never stayed there, but Kalamaki is, for me an excellent choice. We as a family have been coming to Kalamaki every year since 2006 and absolutly love it.

It is a very low key affair, not full of nightclubs etc. Plenty of eateries along ther main strip and plenty of places to stop off for a drink if you wish. Local buses are quite good and have a flat fare of €1.60 and you can pretty much decide where you get off. Zante Town is worth going to and spending a good few hours there by the harbour and/or having a wonder round the shops/churches/cafe bars. I bring our young son there every year to look at the boats.

Plenty of other trips available too. If you are up to it, there is a 2 day run over to Athens available, as is Olympia and trips accross over to Kefalonia, along with Island trips by both boat and coach. We have done them all. Repeatedly as we love them. I would look for a company called Cavo Grosso on the main strip as opposed to the Thomas Cook/Thomson reps in the hotel as you will get all the above trips at much better value.

Hope this helps.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

ThanksJohn

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

No problem

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

Can't speak for Argassi as we just tend to drive through it to he beaches on the vassilkos peninsula.

We stay in Kalamaki at the Venus Hotel and love it both the hotel and the resort. For us the hotel is in a perfect location close to restaurants bars but not in the thick of it. Rooms are great and well looked after, the public areas spotless and inviting with great food and drinks all served with a smile. The staff do go the extra mile with customer service. No doubt you have read the reviews and seen the positive comments and even the odd negative but its all down to personal choice and for us it ticks all the boxes. This is a 3* hotel and more than meets the criteria.

Kalamaki itself is well spread out, quite flat and easy to walk with the beach in one direction and the main road in the other with small lanes off making for pleasant strolling. The choice of bars and restaurants are great and something to suit all tastes and pockets. The resort attracts all age groups but you won't find any nightclubs just the odd lively bar balanced by quieter ones too.

A short taxi ride from the airport and the bus stop to town at the top of the road and taxis readily available either by a call from the hotel or the rank up the road.

As said the hotel is popular so if your dates are fixed don't delay too long.

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Argassi or Kalamaki

Both nice resorts. Both would suit you, though kalamaki slighty more I reckon :)

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations