We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalamaki in May!?

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Kalamaki in May!?

Hi All,

I've just booked a 7 night stay in the Daisy Apartments; anyone stayed here? Booked mainly on the good reviews and excellent price! We are departing from Gatwick on the 8th of May.

As I've not visited Greece before I'm just looking for some first hand insight on the weather in Kalamaki in May, how warm is the sea at this time?... Anything good to do (I've read about a turtle tour - is this good?!) and how reasonable the taxi fares are and finally where's good to eat?

Thanks so much in advance!

Amber

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalamaki in May!?

don't stay in kalamaki so cant comment on the apartments.weather is usually mid twenties but you can get a little rain or storm then ive been at this time and unbroken sunshine so its down to the weather gods.ive always returned home with a tan after being in zante this time of year.the sea can be a bit cold when first getting in but once in its fine for a swim.take a cardi or fleece as it can get a little chilly at night.handy for the return home as well.turtle spotting trip with a stop at marathonisi island is good.for restaurants take a look at the review section but im sure a few kalamaki regulers will post there favourites.barnsley tyke has just posted a link on here for new taxi prices for 2014.excuse non use of caps lappie playing up,

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalamaki in May!?

Never stayed at daisy apartments but it's run by petros (who's family own the Antonis down the road) and his girlfriend. It's meant to be really nice, everyone talks about how good the breakfast is there and the rooms are clean and spacious etc, if I didn't love the Antonis so much id stay at the daisy

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalamaki in May!?

I have a few friends who have stayed there and all said its quite nice there and just on edge of resort so close enough for the old road and new strip.

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalamaki in May!?

We went in May last year and it was 35-40 degrees some days. Around an hour of rain in the whole 10 days we were there. I would recommend Alexander the Great restaurant on the old strip. It was so nice and the staff were superb. Prices were great too. We had Gyros at 2 euros each which were awesome. We're going back on 12th to 26th May this year too xx

5. Re: Kalamaki in May!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations