We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba diving in Zante?

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba diving in Zante?

Hi, I'm off to Kalamaki in June and was wondering if it was worth trying scuba diving? If so where is the best place to go? Also, are there any other 'must-dos' whilst we're there - we are a group of 4 in our mid-twenties if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

Don't think I've heard of scuba diving in Kalamaki but I may be wrong

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

Your right nikki, St Nicholas beach has a good scuba diving club there.

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

Thanks very much! Is there recommendations of trips or things to do whilst we are away?

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

If it's your first time you should probably visit the shipwreck just to say you've been, plenty of operators offering the trip in resort, avoid booking with your TO reps. The best thing you can do is hire a car and get out and about, it's definitely the best way to see the island.

colchester
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

Don't do an all day trip of shipwreck, really boring. We are in our 20s and prefer going to the water park lol. I want to hire a pedalo as well to hopefully see the turtles, we are not very adventurous as u can tell haha. We did do a boat trip to Keri caves 4 years ago and that was quite good. Laganas have a go kart track too if that's more your thing.

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

Thanks everyone! I will bear that in mind when we are there. Is turtle island worth a visit? We will probably be going to the waterpark too! Not long to wait now!

colchester
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

Turtle island is just a secluded beach/little cove really, it is pretty and u will get some nice pictures but don't expect to see loads of turtles everywhere because we didn't, although this may have changed :-) have a nice holiday. When do you go? We go 25th may, 12 sleeps and counting!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

One of the best ways to see the turtles is hire a pedalo in the late afternoon & just pedal out off the beach. If you do see one & there's any "spotting" boats around don't attract their attention. Some of the boats can be a bit aggressive trying to see the turtles.

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

That's great, we will probably still go to have a look. But we will definitely get a pedalow to see if we can see some turtles. Ah lucky you!! We aren't off until 19th June so still over a month for us. Hope you have a lovely holiday!

Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scuba diving in Zante?

One sleep and counting 😬😎✈️🍻🍷💶🍹🌞🌞🌞🌞

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki