We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with young children

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Loughborough...
7 posts
Save Topic
Things to do with young children

We're visiting kalamaki at the end of june, staying at Denny's inn hotel with our 2 young daughters (5 and 10). We've been told kalamaki is quiet and my wife is concerned that there won't be enough to keep them entertained. Any suggestions for things to do?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
591 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do with young children

There's a really good mini golf course. Caretta Beach has a fun fair that's open to non residents and reasonably priced. It also has a water park however it's far better to go on the trip to the water village at Sarakinado (not through your rep book with a local company). Bars like drunk corner and iguana have games consoles.

I'm sure they will be fine.

Loughborough...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do with young children

Thanks, appreciate the response. What's the beach like, heard mixed reviews

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do with young children

Ive been going since I was 3 and always something to do. Most places in greece are good for families as greeks love children. I prefer crystal beach to kalamaki beach

Loughborough...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do with young children

thanks for the response, I'm sure there will be plenty to do, just want to put the missus' mind at ease. What excursions do you all recommend?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do with young children

I recommend you hire a car and see a little of the island. Alykes has a GORGEOUS beach. 25 min drive. And Kerri beach is a tiny, gorgeous little place. That said, there's tons for kids to do.

Look Up on the main strip has an indoor kids' playroom.

Zeppos by the beach has an outdoor park.

As others have said Kakamaki has its own water park at the Caretta Beach but that's an acquired taste perhaps.

Horse carriage rides around the resort for 20 euros.

I assure you, they will not be bored.

Loughborough...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do with young children

Thanks Rebekah,

Level Contributor
123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do with young children

I was really worried when I took my two children to Zante a couple of years ago, mainly cause the hubby kept nagging me to make sure there was plenty for them to do. I found they played in the pool all day and I mean alllll day haha! Come evening we just took a stroll to dinner bought them a toy in a shop and they were happy with that... I'll be there end of June again, I'm sure your two will love it :) and there's the waterpark at caretta hotel that looks really good :)

Loughborough...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do with young children

Thanks to everyone that commented my mind is at ease xx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do with young children

All the above are correct as we have been to Kalamaki many Times with our children & there is plenty to do.

We have stayed at Dennys Inn a couple of years ago & thoroughly enjoyed it. You have made a good choice there, breakfasts are basic but it is a modern pleasing to the eye hotel withh very nice welcoming staff.

It might also be worth checking out a local travel agent called Cavo Grosso for trips if you get stuck for something to do. Very good prices.

Level Contributor
286 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do with young children

Where is zeppos please? Is the park any good?

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations