We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food at Bitzaro G H

Which Kalamaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
food at Bitzaro G H

Hi all I've read that many different comments on the food at this hotel and was what the truth is .

Is the food just warm

Is there a choice

If you like to eat a little later is there still a food choice or just what's left

Trying to get honest opinion but its 50/50 on site when you read them all can't work out though if majority of people eat early ??????

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

Hey and welcome Tracey W:-) I don't know the property.. nor have I read the reviews.. but if it's an All-Inclusive, for the most part, they don't work that well in Greece;-) Of course, folks choose them and they can be convenient if traveling with a family/kids.. but for the most part, Greece offers such wonderful fare at local tavernas..many just opt to go there often enough .. for a change! Again, and for the most part, the food can indeed be luck warm.. depending on when you get there.. usually same stuff offered daily so not much variety, etc.. Again, for some it's not an issue.. seems AIs are pretty popular on this isle so there does appear to be a demand.. would go with what the reviews have to say for the most part.. and for specifics, why not just email the property asking.. especially about late night food options:-) Best.. and EnJOY!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

Thank you for your reply

cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
258 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

it never cease to amaze how people can comment on a a hotel or on a subject they know little about.

Especially the comment above ......usually same stuff offered daily so not much variety, etc.... when never stayed is unbelievable.

We have stopped at the sister hotel next door 3 times and DO NOT get bored, choices vary evry night from chicken, turkey, beef, pork, lamb, and even rabbitt and guinea fowl, which I havent seen advertised in local eateries on the strip.

A good variety of food presented well, and served hot, I dont see the problem.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

Hey riw9471:-) To be clear, I started out by stating that I do NOT know this specific property.. nor did I read the reviews.. but have worked in the industry long enough for over a decade dealing exclusively with Greece for quite a while so am very aware of AIs.. a subject I do in fact know allot about;-)) In Greece, they are *practically* all the same.. not much difference in practice.. to include food options.. between them! Of course, there can be the exception so as I suggested, reading the reviews and possibly calling the property direct should provide some clue as to what to expect! Am sure OP is glad to hear of your positive experience .. and how much you Enjoyed!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

Hey Tracey W.. and my pleasure:-) Just got side-swiped here by riw9471's inaccurate response accusing me of how little I know regarding the subject of AIs and the industry;-)) Nonetheless, there is an ongoing thread in the Zakynthos Forum.. sub-forum Tsivili entitled *All Inclusive Debate* I think you may find interesting;-)

FWIW, I again do not know what *sister* property is being referred to here.. doesn't sound like the same physical property you will be staying at.. but you may find sending a PM (Private Message) to some of the reviewers may shed some more light on any specifics you may have?;-) Keep us posted.. keep Enjoyin'!

Edited: 25 June 2014, 20:04
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

Hi Litsa

Have spoken to someone today who has stopped in this hotel and said it was one of the best hotels he has ever stopped at and will be returning they said the food was very good and staff and the hotel itself wonderful so I'm really looking forward to going :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

Sounds great Stacy W:-) Have a blast and let us know how it goes;-) Enjoyin'!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

Hi Litsa

I certainly will :-)

Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in the beginning of May. The food on the whole was pretty good. It was our 1st time all in and based on the reviews we chose this hotel. We expected the hotel and food to be of a much higher standard based on the reviews.Breakfast is what you would expect- sausage, bacon, poached, fried ( over cooked) and scrambled eggs etc pastries, cereals.

Lunch was meat, pasta chips, a few vegetables and then dinner was the same but with a few more meat dishes. There was a bbq every night offering 1 item and a carvery offering 1 item such as trout, salmon, duck, rabbit. On the whole it was ok but it did get very repetitive! That's just my opinion I'm sure others will say differently. We ate out 4 times when we were there and found the standard of restraunts and quality of food much better. We wish we had gone self catering in all honesty. A lot of review recently have mentioned the food isn't hot, we didn't have an issue with that and we also didn't have an issue with food running out on an evening but we did eat at 7pm as we have a 4 year old.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: food at Bitzaro G H

Thank you for that it was a big help will also be eating out at times as the restaurants are very good there is a fish restaurant in Zanta town which is a must just across the road from the harbour which is amazeing we will be doing that one a couple of times again its a very laid back place.

Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations