We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40th birthday celebration

Hampshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
40th birthday celebration

We are off to Zante on Thursday to celebrate a joint 40th birthday. Would like to go out on the sat night to celebrate - prefer traditional Greek food-we are a large party of 12 mixture of adults and children. Any advice of where best to go for a special occasion, good Greek food and possibly even a bit of plate- smashing/ Greek dancing that kind of thing??

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 40th birthday celebration

There are many great restaurants within Kalamaki which you can eat at anytime during your stay but for a one off special occasion why not go in to town try one of the more smaller traditional tavernas where the locals eat.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 40th birthday celebration

Thank you for your response but the group would rather stay in kalamaki- any suggestions?

3. Re: 40th birthday celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 15:33
Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40th birthday celebration

You will find Greek nights in various places across the resort but not sure which one, if any, on a Saturday night. Stanis has one on a Sunday night which is popular. Nice setting too although with a larger party you might need to book.

https://www.facebook.com/StaniTavern/info

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g659629-…

Edited: 05 August 2014, 23:13
UK
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 40th birthday celebration

Only posted a couple of days ago....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g659629-i12179-k…

Hastings, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 40th birthday celebration

I think Pandesia has greek dancing with plate smashing etc on Saturdays and Tuesdays.

South Shields...
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 40th birthday celebration

Yeah Pandesia gets my vote. I had my birthday there and had a corner made up with balloons/streamers with Happy Birthday played to me when they brought my little cake out (there was just the two of us). I was really flattered by it it as it was a surprise.

Ambrosia also do Greek dancing with plate smashing, but not sure what nights. That's performed by the staff, rather than outside Greek dancers like the Pandesia. Both are equally as entertaining :-)

8. Re: 40th birthday celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations