We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip from Kardamena or Kos town?

Which Kardamena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Boat trip from Kardamena or Kos town?

We will be staying at the Porto Bello Royal in a weeks time and are wondering whether there are good boat trips from Kardamena? Last year we stayed closer to Kos town and had a fantastic 3-island trip from the harbour there but it would be more convenient if there are trips from Kardamena. Any tips?

1. Re: Boat trip from Kardamena or Kos town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 June 2011, 10:35
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trip from Kardamena or Kos town?

Just retuned from a 10 night stay at the Aegean village just up the road from the Porto bello. Had a fantastic day trip on the Zeus (owned by a british couple Andy and Carole) based in Kardemena harbour. Only a maximum of ten people at a time and only 37 euros per person (inclusive of lunch).

Kos
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trip from Kardamena or Kos town?

oops not sure what wrote that was not allowed..will try again...the above trip is a fantastic trip, but it has to go with minium of 10 pax. there is a boat to Nisyros every day at 9.30am from the habour, just get down there bny 9.15 am and pay at the boat. You can get the local bus at 9am....I believe, or maybe the hotel will have their first free bus, this will have to be checked once you have arrived, otherwise a taxi will cost about 8 euros...a fantastic day....hour sail on the boat, and then pay the bus driver to go on an amazing ride over the mountain into the volcano. There is also a 3 bay trip with a bar b q or just a boat ride to Bubble Beach....if you want to go to Turkey or the 3 Islands, possibly the trip you went on last year, then the agencies in Town will arrange for you to be picked up at your hotel and taken over to Kos town for Turkey or Mastichari or Kos town for the 3 island...think the Greek Night is also popular...have a great holiday..hopefully this time it wont be deleted....and you can also think about hiring a car for the day and touring around the whole island.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat trip from Kardamena or Kos town?

I went on the boat from Kardamena harbour to Niysros.

It goes at 9.30. Get there at 9.15 and pay on the boat.

It's an hour journey, and cost about €20 (I think)

I didn't go to the Volcano crater but went to the castle (Paleokastro), the ancient acropolis of Nisyros dating back 2600 years.

I walked up through the village (where the boat comes in), and then found a path to Paleokastro. It is suitable for goats,donkeys and anyone who likes a 30 min hike. (take some water). This place it spectacular and atmospheric. I was the only visitor.

The other way to get to it is by car! But you miss out on the views.

I also walked back to the village using the road.

Found a bar in the main square and had a lovely non-alcoholic dink called Samada (samatha) An Almond based beverage. Very refreshing after that walking.

Edited: 20 June 2011, 21:59
5. Re: Boat trip from Kardamena or Kos town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena