We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
car hire

We are thinking of hireing a jeep wen we r in kardamena for about 2days, so we can visit diffrent parts of the island, can any1 help me and tell me where the best place to hire 1 from, and how much it would cost.

Thanks lorna x

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

I would contact Christine by pm.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

Be VERY careful who you use, a recent development from Holiday Auto's / Europcar meant they gave us a car full of petro (and charged us 60 Euros for the petrol) l and told us to return it empty, as we did not drive that much it was returned with half a tank, as such we paid for 30 euros of petrol we didnt use. We had not previously encountered this "Rip off" (Change in the small print)

There are also a lot of add ons, additional driver, full waiver, airport charge, delivery charge etc that they add on.

The advice above is sound Message Christine (who posts on these forums) she lives in Kos and should be able to point you in the direction of a local car provider.

Apart from getting a fairer service it is much better to support local providers as opposed to the likes of HolidayAutos / Europcar who have scant regard for customer service and are only interested in profit even if it means devious methods that are not in the customers interests.

Kos
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

Thank you Barry.....

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

I have hired cars from Katerina Car Hire in Kardamena many times and always found the service 10/10.

5. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 July 2012, 09:58
Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire

i would also visit katerina for car hire but their is others you choose but remember what site this is tripadvisor so we can only advise

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car hire

I've never hired from anywhere else so can't comment on other hire firms, but I have had 4 or 5 cars from Katerina --- all reliable clean cars or jeeps --- that's why I recommend them.

and to Maria -- your comment is out of order ---- no one asked me to post.

Edited: 26 July 2012, 21:10
Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car hire

me either ken, i write what i believe to be true and honest i want people to enjoy kos and return to the island with only good memories and advice, iam sorry maria but i must ask this which car rental is a relative of yours

Edited: 26 July 2012, 21:28
9. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 July 2012, 09:59
Otley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car hire

I have no idea who you are maria --- in fact with your attitude I am glad I don't know you. Please let me know your company so I can review you on TripAdvisor ---- which is exactly what I have done in this thread. I compliment you on your customer service skills.

I have had the pleasure of visiting Kardamena 12 times and have always stayed in the village and used the facilities of local restaurants and bars and a certain car hire company.

Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations