We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
140 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
First timer

Going over to Kardamena on Thursday, this will be the first time I've ever been to Greece let alone Kardamena, normally tend to do Spain. I'm gonna be over there with mates, were all between 21-29 years old. Can anyone please tell me how much it roughly costs to get a taxi from the airport to the resort, good bars/clubs to visit, drinks prices and what it's like over there in general. Any advice would be much appreciated

Wednesbury...
Level Contributor
437 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer

Me n my hubby love it over there, although we haven't been since 2012.

It costs about €25 from the airport.

The bars and places we like are Banana Beach for a nice breakfast. Artemis to watch the world go by with a cocktail or pint. Brothers Bar is a lively bar with a good atmosphere.

There are 2 nightclubs in Kardamena if that's your thing - I've never been.

Taj Mahal does a good curry. Ellies carvery for Sunday lunch.

To be fair, everywhere is great, the beaches are nice and we'll be heading back next year most likely!

Drinks cost around the same as in UK, some places a little more.

The biggest difference with Greece in comparison to Spain is that you have to put your toilet paper in a bin - not flush it :-)

Have a great time (which I know you will)!

Edited: 06 July 2014, 20:06
Kos
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer

sorry but Brothers Bar has closed as has the Taj Mahal...but there are loads of places..check out trip advisor for restuarants...and also read lots of other reviews on this forum.....Ellies is still open every sunday for a Carvery...The square is now very lively, with 5 bars....21 year olds will probably like Status and Starlight..with Foam parties, glow in the dark parties etc..I would prefer Downtown..cheesey dancing bar as apposed to a club...but the village is tiny..10 minutes to walk from one end to the other..so you will not miss anything. where are you staying.

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
140 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer

That's great thank you. I think we're staying in the Kardemena holiday apartments and studios, never been to Kos before, really looking forward to it

Wednesbury...
Level Contributor
437 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer

You'll love it - we do!

We first went in 1998 and next year will be our 11th time out there.

Have fun :-D

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer

Have been going every early Sept for about 10+ years Already booked to go back for this year..Its a it quieter at that time but still plenty going on. A lot of places have closed or changed over that time.

If your self catering Louis supermarket has all you will need but there are other smaller "corner" shops.

Plenty of good restaurants, can recommend Romanos, no frills good food.

Great beaches. Clear waters great for snorkling.

6. Re: First timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations