We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atki Palace Kos

Birmingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Atki Palace Kos

Do men have to wear trousers for the evening meal? Have searched everywhere but can't find an answer. OH is panicking!! Thanks

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atki Palace Kos

I think you mean the Akti Palace. It's good manners and respectful to other guests to dress appropriately at all times. I think you'll find that nicely tailored Bermuda shorts will be ok as well as long pants but definitely not beachwear.

You could email the hotel:- atkimail@otenet.gr

Kos
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atki Palace Kos

Akti Palace in Kardamena Kos....yes pretty sure long tailored shorts would be ok, but put in a pair of long trousers just in case. The Aegean Hotel, which is half board only, has a very strict ruling...and you must wear long trousers...so better to be safe than sorry.....

Kos
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atki Palace Kos

ps will ask my daughter tomorrow, she works in the Pool bar at the Akti Palace in Kardamena...

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atki Palace Kos

Hi Christine,

Any update on this? We go in a couple of weeks.

Kos
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atki Palace Kos

Hi, just asked my daughter and she says smart shorts are fine....so no worries....

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atki Palace Kos

Brilliant... Thanks for the quick reply!

Pokeno, New Zealand
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atki Palace Kos

No they don't. There is definitely no dress code at this hotel,. We just arrived back one week or so please read my previous review. We saw Men wearing swim shorts with shirts at night. My party I was with tended to dress in shorts with shirts or polo shirts. To be honest you would not be. Turned away in a onesie trust. Me!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atki Palace Kos

Just a quick update... We arrived at akti palace around 4 this morning.... Hate to disagree Debbie but its perfect.. We have one of the rooms with a shared pool, the food is great, pool is great as is the beach, it's lovely and quiet and just what we were hoping for. We have both said that we are pleased we went for this instead of our other choice which was Egypt.

Pokeno, New Zealand
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atki Palace Kos

Trust me you should of gone to Egypt ! We went three weeks prior to going to KOS to do our diving. It's was fab, quite, temp in the 40's, food,champagne, service definitely nearly 5 star. 2 weeks cost three of us £3,500. KOS cost us £3,000 for one week!!!!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atki Palace Kos

We have been back from Akti Palace for almost 2 weeks. There was no comparison. We were looking for a week of chilling out with no stress and that's what we got. We had no complaints at all. The staff were great, the food was far far superior to what was on offer in the hotel we stayed in in Egypt (which was 5star) as were the drinks.

The views from the pool were stunning, we had one of the rooms with the shared pool which was great.... Certainly saw no men in swimmers and shirts in the restaurant, but did see a lad turned away for turning up with no top.

Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations