We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody stayed at Villa Joan Cala Blanca

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Has anybody stayed at Villa Joan Cala Blanca

I posted a message a while ago about Villa Joan but nobody replied. This villa is on the front at Cala Blanca. We have booked it through Thomsons. I have since booking it found some reviews saying the villa is dirty and there is a problem with ants. Could anybody let me know if they have stayed there and what it was like inside. I did not realise there were any reviews about it on Thomsons website until we had booked it.

Thank you in anticipation.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,410 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anybody stayed at Villa Joan Cala Blanca

Can't help other than to reassure you about ants - everywhere in the Med is potentially going to be a problem with ants because they gather wherever food or sticky drinks are left around. If the villa was not cleaned properly ( hopefully a one off issue) or the occupants were careless about putting food in the fridge then there would be a problem very quickly but nothing that a good clean up and spray around wouldn't fix.

Re tales of this villa being dirty, if Thomson let it regularly hopefully they are now on the ball with the owner/maintenance staff. If it IS dirty when you arrive, take lots of pictures before you clean it yourself and make a formal complaint to the reps and make sure they give you a receipt for your compliant form so you can take it up with the company when you get home but you are probably worrying for nothing

Edited: 22 July 2014, 19:39
St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anybody stayed at Villa Joan Cala Blanca

Thank you very much for your reply. Hopefully we will find it nice and clean and can always buy ant powder!!!

3. Re: Has anybody stayed at Villa Joan Cala Blanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2016, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Cala Blanca
Recent Conversations
More Cala Blanca Topics