We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self catering in Jandia.

Which Playa de Jandia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol England
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Self catering in Jandia.

Hi all.

We have stayed in the Jandia area many times in some very good hotels, but now we are a pair of "poor old pensioners" we are forced to cut back on holiday costs. We have been looking for a good self catering place,but without much luck. I think this is because this type of accomodation is not advertised on the British market so is not available to us.

We would be very grateful for any suggestions or recommendations for one or two bedroom accomodation with easy access to the beach.

Cheers. Ron.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self catering in Jandia.

Hi Ron

I found these on owners direct I havent been to any of them though.

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/c491.htm

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/c2335.htm

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/c1836.htm

Al.
Bristol UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self catering in Jandia.

Hi, we always stay in the Palm Garden. It faces the beautiful beach in Jandia, is clean, has amazing views from all rooms, a nice pool area, is very quiet and is reasonably priced. There are plenty of Hyperdinos around for shopping, lots of bars, restaurants and cafes if you want to eat out, and an easy stroll to Morro Jable.

Bristol England
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self catering in Jandia.

Hi Al.

We have looked at the Palm Garden when we were in Jandia earlier this year. It looks quite good and you are right about access to the beach but there are only two lifts. This concerns me as they could get very busy and my wife struggles with lots of stairs. Can you comment on this point for us.

We live in Pucklechurch. Where are you?

Cheers. Ron.

Al.
Bristol UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self catering in Jandia.

Hi Ron, we are in Henleaze. There are actually three lifts. One is supposed to be for the maids between 8 and 10.a.m. We have never really had an issue with availability, except maybe 'peak' times, but even then it is never too long to wait. We go in November every year. It's well priced and the view worth every penny. The huge balcony gets the sun all day as it faces south.

Bristol England
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self catering in Jandia.

Hi Al.

Thanks very much for the information. We have looked at the appartment that you mention but I think I will contact the hotel direct to see what they can come up with. Have you got an e mail address for it?

We have not been as late as you, we like September, once the children have returned to school.

You live in a very nice area, handy for the Downs and the M5. my "boss" would add, handy for the mall as well.

I dont know about you, but when I am doing things like this I cant help dreaming about that fabulous beach.

Cheers. Ron.

Al.
Bristol UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Self catering in Jandia.

Hi Ron.

Try

reservaspalmgarden@miranocha.com

Al.

7. Re: Self catering in Jandia.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2011, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Playa de Jandia
Recent Conversations
More Playa de Jandia Topics