We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going on a budget

essex
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
going on a budget

best pticed groceries where to shop for basics and any pubs doing happy hours near the celeste apartments in anticapation of a reply many thanks

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going on a budget

Come out of your apartments onto the main road. Cross over the main road and turn left. There's a large supermarket there that will have most of what you're after.

Happy hours - pretty much most of the bars do them. Plus Coffee and Cream just across the road from you do a 2-4-1 meal deal between 6 and 9. www.coffeeandcreambistrobar-lanzarote.co.uk and the food is very very good.

Hope that helps!

Elle xx

Ireland
Level Contributor
571 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going on a budget

where is it exactly that Coffee and Cream situated from the Celeste apartments. We are going at the end of February to these apartments.

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going on a budget

Oh it's very close! Come out of the apartments, and walk across the car park to the main road. You'll see slightly to your right that there's a pedestrian crossing. Walk over that - and walk between the gap in the buildings. The police station will be on your right... and Coffee and Cream will be dead ahead of you. You'll be able to see it easily from the crossing. If you see a woman with long blonde hair chatting to the owners during the morning whilst drinking lots of tea, and wolfing down a bacon butty... then say hello - because it may well be me. In fact just say hi to John and Zoe anyway. they're good people! :o.)

Elle xx

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going on a budget

Sorry... what is it with me and my lefts and rights?! Arrgghhh!!! The crossing will be on your right yes... but the police station will be on the left as you use the walkway. La Esquina is on the right (opposite the police station). Nice bar run by Alana and Steve. Again - say hello from me - but they know me from my Canary Nightlife website rather than from here.

Elle xx

mid glamorgan
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going on a budget

thanks for that we coming out begining of march,, this sounds a great place to feed us and the kids,,

essex
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: going on a budget

Thanks Elle for the advice will you be there at the end of february if so shall look out for you at the coffee and cream bar

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: going on a budget

I'm always about hon. I live in Playa Blanca - but work takes me to the other resorts regularly too.

Elle xx

Ireland
Level Contributor
571 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: going on a budget

elle, thanks for the great information. Not too good on my rights and lefts either LOL

9. Re: going on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise