We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

Looking to book holiday in Lanzarote but have never been before nor know anyone who has. There will be 2 teenagers (boys aged 16) in the party. Can anyone give advice as to whether Costa Teguise or Playa Blanca would have more for them to do? They won't always want to hang out with the parents!

Thanks

Chere16

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

I would suggest Playa Blanca, playa dorada beach is central and long enough for you and the children to be on different parts of the beach without you even knowing you are all on the same beach and has all the usual banana boat and jet ski,s etc etc to keep them interested.,,The marina rubicon area(link below) is a lovely harbour area for grown ups but also has along side it a shopping complex that has both a bowling alley and pool tables etc etc for the the children.The seaside front location also has an abundance of shops,bars,restauarants,games rooms for you to all be either together or again for the children to wander off and do their own thing and meet up with you later on..You do not say if you have a car but lanzarote deserves exploring and if you do not have the children with you EL GOLFO and LOS HERVIDEROS close by is a loveley place to visit.

www.marinarubicon.com/new/en/index.php…

click on the leisure link on the website for an abundance of restauarants etc , it also has a outdoor pool available and is a lovely place to have a walk around during the day and early evening...

Edited: 18 June 2011, 15:56
Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

Thanks so much for getting back to me - Playa Blanca sounds like it could be perfect then! Noticed your sign-on name - I'm very much a Greek Freak too :) Adore everything about it! Thanks again.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

Definitely playa blanca for the boys we went to the vik coral in playa blanca at Christmas and had a great time lots of bars on beach and water sports aswell and night time there's a lot of bars and restaurants open it was quite lively and good recommend the Chinese resturante food and staff are lovely! Enjoy

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

Thanks for your advice Andy, sounds like it's got to be PB. Been doing some research. Had wanted villa with pool but struggling to find something really central for them walking home at night etc so will have a look at your Vik Coral - sounds good - and Chinese is a must no matter where you are in the world! :) Cheers.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

No problem and yeah Chinese anywhere we go aswell, home from home lol theres a few hotels and apartments you can let right near the beach you shouldn't have much trouble finding anywhere but the Vik coral is outstanding well worth the money probably the best holiday Ive had in 10 year bout 5 or 10 minute walk but its better if you also want to relax in the sun! Hope youse enjoy it

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

Been to both in the last 4 years but not with older children. Little girl was 3 then 6. Personally would choose Costa Teguise. Both are very safe with Teguise being IMO the larger of the two with more to do and more bars. But can only comment on our experiences with our little girl dont know what it will be like for 2 16 year olds.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,932 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

Chere

If you're looking for a villa in Playa Blanca that is central have a look on Los Calamares. Only 5/7 minutes walk.

Glasgow, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

Thanks guys - found lovely villas now in both areas - decisions

decisions :) Teguise certainly seems to be coming across as the busier of the two. Know the boys will want go-karts, jet skis etc.

Enjoy your next trip and thanks for getting back to me.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

I prefer Costa Teguise, but I usually hire a car and drive down to Playa Blanca a few times while on holiday. Hire a car if you can, you will get one for £75 for a week from Auto Reisen, pick up and drop off at airport, so easy, that way you can experience both resorts :)

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca, Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa Teguise v's Playa Blanca??

If you're a lover of Greek... then definitely go for Playa Blanca. I am too - and that's why I eventually chose it as a town to live in. It is also busier than Costa Teguise. PB is more expensive than CT, but then it does have a luxury Marina and a ferry port in it.

CT is closer to the airport, and very centrally located... so a good base for exploring. But then PB has its own microclimate of weather and is usually hotter (and certainly much less windier) than CT.

Both resorts are lovely... and you shouldn't be disappointed wherever you end up.

Sorry if I've confused you again!

Elle xx