We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costa teguise weather in april

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
299 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
costa teguise weather in april

Contemplating a change next year and holidaying in april.we visited costa teguise in oct last year for a week and are thinking we may return next year, just wondered what the weather is like last two weeks in april?is it warm enough for swimming pools,and if so can anyone recommend anywhere with a decent acclimatised/heated pool?we are thinking of trying the corona playa maybe?we stayed santa rosa last time and loved it but thought their pool in april maybe a tad too cool?any thoughts?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: costa teguise weather in april

I can't advise on the best pools but I was in CT at the beginning of May this year and previously in October of last year. I would say that it was a tad warmer in October (but not by much) but generally sunnier in May. Do bear in mind that while both late April and early October can be quite nice weather wise, they are also months that can produce the odd poor day too. But on the whole, there's no reason you wouldn't get plenty of pool time in late April.

One thing I would note though: I did observe how quiet May (and I assume late April) was in comparison to October. I understand quite a few of the local shops/restaurants take their holidays after Easter due to it being quieter in the resorts. Certainly the flights were only half full on my last trip whereas they were full last October.

John.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: costa teguise weather in april

It also depends when Easter is etc, no idea regarding 2012.

Keith

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: costa teguise weather in april

If I recall correctly, Easter is around the 8th April

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: costa teguise weather in april

I used to live in CT and the weather is pretty good all year around. I love the month of May, usually hot and sunny, but you obviously get more daylight hours the more into summer you go.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: costa teguise weather in april

we were there in the first week of april this year, we had a coiupke of cloudy / windy days but also had a few days when it was roasting.

when it was hot it was hot enough to get in the pool but on the cloudy days it wasn't.

Speaking to people who had been before, it seemed a little cooler than normal. We would go again at that time but i think we would hire a car for a week to get out and about when it wasn't sunbathing weather

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: costa teguise weather in april

We were in Costa Teguise in April while the wedding was on.

Pool temps were cold.

Parents go for a month at a time in April and always come back with a healthy glow even though they have to use factor 50!!

Costa Teguise, Spain
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: costa teguise weather in april

coronas playa has climatized pools, not fully heated but takes the chill off,!

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: costa teguise weather in april

hi was just wondering what the weather is like in the middle of oct ? thankyou

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
299 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: costa teguise weather in april

We went 13th oct last year,we had one overcast day out of the week we were there.we were out by the pool by about 10am and having a swim by 11(our pool wasn't heated/acclimatised). We did have one very hot day but other than that was comfortable for sunbathing in,and also first thing am/after 4pm to go for a stroll if you wanted.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: costa teguise weather in april

Was in CT between the 5th and 14th of October 2010.

Had some rain on the first night, enough that some came under the door into the apartment. The following couple of mornings were a little cloudy but the sun was shining strongly by lunchtime. We then had a few days where the occasional passing cloud would block/dim the sun for a few minutes at a time but again the weather got progressively better through the day. On day 6, it rained heavily in the night and into early morning. It actually felt chilly. We decided to go drive up to the Fire Mountains but everything up there was shrouded in thick low cloud.... oddly, while it was pointless paying to enter main site, we snapped some really terrific 'other worldly' photos from outside the park and at the visitor centre. As we drove back to CT the weather improved and by the time we reached the apartment it was blistering hot sunshine and blue skies. I got seriously drunk by the pool and missed dinner. The remaining days of our holiday were hot and sunny from first light to evening time.

Generally, at this time of year you should expect the odd poor day but rarely enough that it will keep you away from the pool/beach for long. We hit temperatures of 27 on a couple of days, got the required tans and even needed the windows open most nights.

John.

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise