We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sim cards

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sim cards

Does anyone buy a payg sim card to use whilst in lanzarote?

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sim cards

In order to buy a PAYG sim card here you will require

A) an unlocked phone that will accept sim

B) under new rules you will need a residencia and/ or passport and a spanish address

It is possible to buy a cheap mobile and sim package for about 12 to 20 euros which includes a phone and approx €11 of credit on your sim.

Happy hols

Edited: 22 April 2012, 12:22
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
803 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sim cards

I have an old unlocked phone and I usually buy a Spanish sim card from eBay before I go on holiday. They vary in price depending on network and how much credit are on them.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sim cards

Good idea but you have to be aware that spanish PAYG sims are only valid for 6 months at a time ,if not topped up in this time then number is re-allocated and the network will only recognise the most recent sim

Edited: 22 April 2012, 20:22
Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sim cards

Thanks all, mine is unlocked and my home country provider (guernsey) is expensive to roam, I have thought of buying a sim card. Will have a look on eBay, just need to find an iPhone one!!!

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sim cards

Thanks all. I have brought one of eBay just hope it arrives in time!!!

scotland
Level Contributor
15,005 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sim cards

I get a friend with residencia and a spanish address to get me one .simples

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sim cards

Ah lucky you!! I am sure it will save me money and I won't have the worry of running up a huge bill!!!

8. Re: Sim cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 15:31
9. Re: Sim cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 June 2012, 14:20
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sim cards

I just take a Lebera sim in my PAYG Phone, load it up before I go

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise