We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fave holiday read???

Upton,wirral...
Level Contributor
328 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Fave holiday read???

Just wondering what everyone likes to read on holiday, any suggestions for me?

I have plenty of books on my kindle to choose from but can't decide just what to read so if any of you have a little gem that you would recommend, I don't usually go for the 'normal'girlie beach read, some of my fave books are thousand splendid suns, innocent traitor, and am currently on the 4 th C.J.Sansom book :)

Jan x

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fave holiday read???

I've just read Forgotten by Susan Lewis and really enjoyed it. Another one I've just read is Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay and thought that was another good one.

Its hard to predict what you will think as we all like different things but neither are girly books.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
349 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fave holiday read???

hiya i love a good who dunnit followed by a chick lit my kindle was the best holiday item i bought saves loads of room in ya case x

lancs
Level Contributor
257 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fave holiday read???

i always read the sophie kinsella books ...

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,057 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fave holiday read???

I quite like Sophie Kinsella too but if there is a new Jackie Collins out then I always buy it and take that.

Out of interest how many books do you take on holiday? Hubby and I take about 3 each and then just leave them there after we've read them :)

Peterhead, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fave holiday read???

Gordon Ferris

Alafair Burke

Linwood Barclay

Harlen Coben

Edited: 12 May 2012, 21:13
Peterhead, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fave holiday read???

Gordon Ferris

Alafair Burke

Linwood Barclay

Harlen Coben

Edited: 12 May 2012, 21:14
Upton,wirral...
Level Contributor
328 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fave holiday read???

thanks for the info,i shall have a browse on amazon at those :)

madmol you are right what one person enjoys another wouldnt,upsydaisy it took my brother a while to talk me into a kindle but now i take mine everywere lol.has anyone read rivers of london,another recommendation from my bro,so weird it was good lol.the book i amreading now is a murder mystery set in tudor england,fabulous but need something lighter after all the earls and dukes i have to keep up with lol.

hever you need a kindle,no more heavy books in your case,i used to take 3 or 4,wouldnt read them all but liked to have a choice once on holiday lol

jan x

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,373 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fave holiday read???

I'm a chick lit reader. Sophie Kinsella and Wendy Holden are my favourites at the moment. I quite like Jane Green as well. I take 3 usually and swap for one in the bookcases in the villa, if I need another. Think I'll just download them to the iPad this time though.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,057 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fave holiday read???

Jan, a kindle doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd much rather have a book :) x

Upton,wirral...
Level Contributor
328 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fave holiday read???

hever thats what i said for months,and still do prefer a book,love the covers and just the feel,but i gave in last year and bought my kindle, and gotta say on holiday they are great.but i miss books.although i can still be found in my local waterstones perusing the books(while supping on a costas coffee lol)

just looking on amazon now,think i may go for the kite runner .

jan x

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise