We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

Which Costa Teguise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

Hi all,

I am visiting lanzarote - Costa Teguise - Santa Rosa apartments at the end of June this year, I am wondering if it is possible to get to Timanfaya by bus - and then take the bus tour around the national park (and of course return)?

If this is possible do you have any idea on cost?

If this isn't possible what do you recommend - I am young so cannot rent a car!

Also if you have any other activities which you recommend let me know and i'll check them out :)

Cheers

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,940 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

Hi there, have a look at Last Minute Excursions.......they are very reasonable with their prices.

lastminute-transfer.com/lastminute_trip.asp

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

Thank you - I guess it isn't possible to do it outside of these excursion operators then?

Which tour do you recommend for the national park?

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,940 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

I would say it would be a lot easier to use the tour operator if you can't drive there and you need to get on a bus there anyway to go around the park.

We actually did the Grand Tour which is an all day tour but others have metioned that they were quite happy with the half day tours.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

yes they do the short southern tour which includes entrance to Timanfaya National Park for 20 euros pp / child 10 euros

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

Okay, was the grand tour enjoyable & good value for money in your opinion? What was the food like? Was this done on the volcanic grill or somewhere else?

Also, we are 20 yr old couple - any other suggestions of places to see/things to do?

Cheers

Sheffield
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

Hi we did the grand tour in may last year. We're a 30 year old couple and absolutely loved it. The tour guide was lovely and very knowledgeable. It's great value for money as it really does last all day - think we were picked up at 8.30 and dropped back at 18.00. Food was buffet style with lots of Canarian dishes.

We also went to rancho Texas for the day and thoroughly enjoyed that too. Loved having my photo taken with a sea lion :-)

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,940 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

We really enjoyed the Grand Tour and thought it was value for money. There are several stops throughout the day and the lunch provided isn't at the park. We weren't keen on the food (but we're fussy) so we just had a drink and enjoyed the sun for a little while.

We've also enjoyed the submarine trip and a visit to The Cesar Manrique Foundacion is recommended.

http://www.cesarmanrique.com/fundacion_i.htm

Edited: 04 February 2013, 19:00
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,607 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

I did the grand tour a few weeks ago and very much enjoyed it.,the meal is in a place a good bit away from the Volcano and I thought it good,buffet style, soup to start ,loads of salads , fish, meatballs,chicken etc, potatos and chips,red wine on the table too which was just about drinkable.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

The Northern tour has the Manrique foundation but would also be covered in the Grand Tour, food on the Northern tour was a buffet which was ok

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12

but the Grand Tour at 45 euro's would be the value and the Timanfaya National Park is a must to see and is on the Grand Tour / or Southern Tour

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you get to timanfaya by bus?

Thanks,

I have emailed lastminute and asked about stopping off at Cesar manriques just to be sure then ill book it up!