We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

Just wondered if its safe to have the ice in drinks in the bars and resturants ?? do they make there ice with there own water or do they use a filter or botteled water ?

UK
Level Contributor
98 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

Ive never noticed or asked tbh and in all the times ive travelled to CT never had a problem. Thats me or the family xx

EK
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

Hi there,

Apparently they use filtered water in there ice cubes and am sure that some places do but a wouldn't think that they all would to be honest. Normally you see them refilling the ice buckets freezers they use and the ice comes from pre-packed bags that you would buy in the shops here.....that's normally good enough for me....a have ice in every drink never done me any harm!

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

thanks for your replies the only reason i ask is i suffer from IBS and have to be very careful what i am eating and drinking ,so anything dodgy can be fatal .

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

Many places buy pre made ice from imported water.

Anyway the water in bars/restaurants is usually perfectly safe to drink although may taste different. It can however have a high mineral content not sure how that would effect your IBS?

Kent
Level Contributor
7,007 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

might be worth taking the prebiotic tablets from holland and barrett, not sure if thats spelt right, but they would ward of any germs etc, we also have ice with no problems

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

i do already take alot of perscription medication for my IBS so its pretty under control but still have to be careful what i am eating and drinking ,but thanks for replies.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,700 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

<<,so anything dodgy can be fatal .>>

Surely, if it's life threatening, the safest way is to avoid ice altogether?

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

its not life threatening just had a bad time of it back and forwards to hospital ,i have been to greece many times and been ok ,so i am sure i be ok ,i always ask if they use there own water or its made with filtered or bottled ,but just wondered if anyone knew,thats all i hate drinks without ice.

Madrid, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

you are going to a civilised place

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ice in Drinks !!!!!!!

well thats good to know ,i didnt think otherwise. just being cautious thats all.