We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire - a tip

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire - a tip

Cadera Medina is possibly the best but you need to book in advance - we went down to get a car on the day and there were none available. Went up to Plus Car and the price advertised was €20 but she told us it would be €40 - when I queried she couldn't tell me why it was double other than it was to do with 'I don't know why my boss does that'. We went up to Auto Borges, and had the most straightforward car hire experience ever - yes he had a car, €30 for the day (no extras - price quoted was what we paid) and the whole transaction completed within 5 minutes with no problems. Really nice guy to deal with, speaks several languages so you won't have a problem with communication, and the cars are spotless and comfy. Would hire from here without hesitation when we go back.

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire - a tip

hi babeNo1

where about is that office sounds a good deal we go in October

becky

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire - a tip

His office is on calle las olas next to La hacienda tex mex opposite tianaman chinese buffet

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
864 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire - a tip

We always book our car hire in advance and for our full trip, picking up and dropping off at the airport, and get it much cheaper per day.

Our 21 days in September/October using Autoreisen (fully inclusive) will cost us €333, or less than €16 per day for a Seat Ibiza (or equivalent).

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire - a tip

We do the same but use Cabrera Medina. 2 days €61, 2 weeks in September €189, 3 weeks €285 for an Astra. Better value to book for longer.

Hopwood, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire - a tip

Just booked 14 days in first two weeks of September with Auto Reisen for €142, only €10 per day, a bargain!!

dundee, Scotland
Level Contributor
138 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire - a tip

We have booked an astra from cadera medina next month. They are bringing and collecting the car from our hotel for free. Do you know if you need pay for a full tank of petrol or bring it back with a full tank?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire - a tip

No. Just give the car back with the same amount of fuel in as when you picked it up.

Durham,England
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire - a tip

Hi all !

Can vouch for Anthon also one of the good guys. Don't even need to show licence half the time, been upgraded in the past & discount for repeat custom. I've also used Autoriesen with no problems.

The worst was probably Elizabeth Autos just for the state of their cars but that was before we started booking everything independently.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire - a tip

<< Don't even need to show licence half the time>>

Sorry, but that doesn't sound like he's 'one of the good guys' if he's not checking if people have a valid licence.

Durham,England
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire - a tip

Better retract before i get someone into trouble, what I meant to say was my licence only gets a cursory glance as using them for more than a dozen times now all my details are already on their database.

Now I know why I avoided posting on Gazzette etc.

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise