We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiz nights

London, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Quiz nights

Hi All - we do enjoy a quiz during the evening. Not worried about prizes - just a bit of distraction and getting the old brain cells ticking over. Have found on occasions that a quiz is advertised, you turn up and then nothing happens - and when we have politely asked what's going on we are told that there are not enough people. Honestly, even if the winner just gets a 'well done' I wish they would honour their advertising even if we were sitting there alone! Can you recommend bars for a good quiz?

Many thanks

WHL

Level Contributor
1,048 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiz nights

Can't recommend a bar, but do agree. Many nights waiting for shows, kids disco only to be told not happening or later( 11:30) for kids.. Seriously

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,504 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiz nights

The Highlander used to have a quiz night and one of the pubs down at the front had one going last year and it was very busy in there so still quite popular. They will advertise on the boards outside if there is a quiz that evening.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiz nights

The Dolphin on The Waterfront has a quiz most nights and are good fun.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
841 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiz nights

i dont think bars can be blamed for not running a quiz if theres next to no one there!

any way if you can get into pdc theres a guaranteed quiz every night at 10.30 at the owl and pussycat with prizes

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,504 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiz nights

lanzaboy I thought it was the Dolphin that had the quiz nights but didn't want to say in case I was wrong lol. It was busy in there last year on quiz night and we could never get in.

Burnley, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiz nights

The Dolphin on the front has a quiz most nights.General knowledge,Family Fortunes,etc.Fun quizzes with fun prizes.A good night and a bit of a laugh

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiz nights

Yes Hever. We were in The Dolphin most nights when we were out in August and it was jammed every time we were in.

South...
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiz nights

The Dolphin def. Quizzes each night, normally 9.30pm start, didn't topics each night. Very friendly, but as said, can be very busy so get there early! Also raffle at the end - everytime you buy a drink throughout the day you are given a ticket. Draw is about 11/11.30pm.

Wirral
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiz nights

Owl and Pussycat is brilliant. Located in the square by the Dubliner. another good bar in that square is The Hot Spot, lovely Geordie couple owners.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 15:01
London, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiz nights

Hi all, as recommended have enjoyed a few quizzes at the Dolphin, plus would recommend the Sunday night quiz at The Welcome at playa bastion. We also found one at Shutters on a Wednesday ( I think the same chap is at Infinity on Mondays) but that one was a bit frantic. Don't want to go home. WHL

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise