We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Loughborough
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Hi.

As some may/may not know we were burgled at Santa Rosa on 18/12/13

The apartment had no forced entry.

Weve since returned home and now the hotel manager Felix has decided not to liase with myself as ive left the Island. He also confirmed he didnt speak to his staff as he believed they didnt do it!! There was a cleaner 2 doors away at some point we were broke in and also a gardener in our walkway.

He (Felix the manager) took my Guardia Civil Statement for hotel insurance promising me he would make a claim on my behalf but to no avail. Thankfully i had a second copy.

I want to make a complaint to the Head Office, which i believe is a company called Taguaro in Arrecife, but i cant find a website with contact email etc.

Any help appreciated.

england
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

TAGUARO S.L.

Otilia Díaz, 14

35500 ARRECIFE (LANZAROTE), LAS PALMAS

tel 928803760

hopefully this is what your after,can't find an email address for them.

Loughborough
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Thanks a million stealth. Ill phone them Monday. Need to do something as It'll only happen again, and my guess is head office don't even know.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Hi

Why do you (obviously) think it was an ´´inside´´job..........clearly disregarding the hundreds if not thousands of tourists who had your room key on previous visits and could easily have had a copy made ???

In these times of high (37%) unemployment and the difficulties of finding work of any type most hotel workers would not be silly enough to take this type of risk

Edited: 28 December 2013, 18:01
Loughborough
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Lanza - so on approaching Felix to ask him to speak to his staff to see if they seen anything why did he decline in doing that?? I didn't accuse anyone at the time but I'm now having my doubts.

Yes, someone could of took the key, cut it and came back later in year. BUT how the hell would they know room 1079 has cash in the drawers?

The room was locked back up, so definetly a key holder and even the curtain was put back across at the patio door and drawers closed too.

It WILL happen again if someone gets away with it.

The staff arnt aware of it and I'm also guessing Head Office are not.

Preston
Level Contributor
547 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Hope you get somewhere with this Drive4it - must be an awful thing to happen, I've been to Lanzarote loads of times and it's one of the only places that I feel totally safe as it's not full of gangs as I'm sure others will agree. It all seems very strange with there being no sign of a break in. It's good of you to make people aware of what's happened, you've been a victim of all this and you obviously care enough to to prevent it from happening to anyone else - good luck n keep us posted.

Loobs

Loughborough
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Thanks Loobs.

We holiday well off the beaten track normally be it in Greece or Africa and I think I've switched off from thinking about crime. Totally my fault in not having a safe but this is Lanzarote NOT Tenerife or Gran Canaria (where I holidayed for many years). Real shame as I love the hotel

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Drive4it. As you rightly affirm, at no point in your original post did you say you thought it was an inside job, just that there were staff around who may have seen somebody at or near your room. The one follow up comment which really is meaningless is the one about how would "they", ie the culprit, know there was money in the drawer. That is equally relevant to any staff member who may have been involved. The only way anybody could have known there was money was if you left it on show.

I suspect the first place most burglars would look would be in the drawers as many (most?) people on holiday are incredibly lax about security. I know that's been true for myself in the past - before we had stuff taken from the room :-(.

What is unacceptable is the apparent unwillingness of the management to help, or possibly more accurately their intent to obstruct, as they didn't carry through on their promise to inform the hotel insurer.

I think you are absolutely right to report this higher up the chain, and can only hope you get a successful outcome.

Your faith in people on Lanzarote (not getting a safe) is touching but sadly misguided. There are people everywhere who would rather steal than work.

Preston
Level Contributor
547 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

I'll be honest and say I've done exactly what you've done - not putting money etc in safe cos if you are an honest person it's hard to believe that some people will steal what's not theirs. But like you say it's a shame but a lesson learned. Somebody somewhere knows what happened - it would be a lovely world if everyone was honest. We are going to Costa Teguise Feb half term - I've booked the flights but not accommodation as yet (think I will give Santa Rosa a miss) they need to get this problem sorted cos it will put people off going.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

Hi Drive4it, you may wish to put it on the TA hotel reviews to warn those booking of your problem

10. Re: Santa Rosa Costa Teguise Burglary. Looking for Taguaro email

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 12:29
Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise