We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Hopwood, United...
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

After seeing Hever’s suggestion to post more Trip Reports, I thought I would post a report on our recent trip to Costa Teguise before I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Trip started with a flight from Gatwick on Easyjet. It was a good flight, on time and with a tailwind only 3 & a half hours later we touched down in Arrecife.

We picked up our car, as always from Auto Reisen. We have been using them for 5 years and as a repeat customer, with all our details already saved we were at the desk just long enough to swipe our credit card and then we in the car and on our way to CT. Car was a new style Citroen C3 Picasso, which was very comfortable, plenty of space and despite doing over 300km in the week, only needed 30 Euros of petrol.

After dozens of visits to CT we know the drive like the back of our hand and 20 mins later we were at the front door to our apartment. We love CT so much we made the best decision ever 12 months ago and with some of our savings as a deposit and the help of a mortgage from our excellent Spanish bankers we bought our own apartment. We were very much looking forward to this trip as we had the apartment looking exactly as we wanted it and apart from wanting to get some new furniture for the balcony had no painting to do or DIY like we did on our last visit and could relax, chill out and enjoy the apartment and the resort.

First night we made the 5 minute walk down to the square and enjoyed pre-dinner drinks in Magma. A lovely bar, run by the owners with great drinks, friendly service and when the little bit of an evening chill set in as it does in January, they have blankets on hand to keep you warm if like us you chose to sit outside. As always, for the week this became our evening tradition, pre-dinner drinks in Magma, watching the world go by.

We enjoyed dinner that night in Texas House. Always guaranteed more than one visit from us in a week, the ribs and prawn fajitas are a must. Great food, good prices, friendly service, I would recommend to everyone.

Another CT tradition for us is post dinner drinks in Hook. We go for one and always stay for more. Frankie and the other staff make you feel special and really look after you, we have been going for so long that they even remember our order. Bearing in mind how many visitors they get each year and thanks to work we only get to spend 6 weeks a year on the island it is this kind of service that keeps us coming back. The cocktails are great and all washed down with a drink on the house as you pay the bill.

For us we kept up this tradition for the whole week. Magma, then dinner, followed by Hook. As well as a great meal at Texas House, we enjoyed superb meals in our other favourite restaurants, La Vaca Loca, La Bohemia and Divina Italia. All our consistently good and should be tried by any visitor to the resort. We were sad to see Mike’s closed, but wish him well in his retirement. The restaurant is up for sale and I hope the next owner does it justice.

Breakfast and lunch were normally made in the apartment, but we did as always have a pastry from Brown, which is near the Nazaret Apartments and a couple of breakfasts at Tekkers.

On holiday we like to go where the locals go and so avoid British bars etc. The one exception is Tekkers, which we stumbled upon on our first night five years ago and have always gone back to. Since they moved to better premises around 18 months ago, they have gone from strength to strength and it is the only British bar we visit in the resort. Again family run, Billy, Trina, Stacey and Kevin run a superb bar. We have only eaten there for breakfast, which is great, but often call in for a beer or two on the way home and to check out the nightly live entertainment.

During the day if out for a stroll, we enjoyed a cocktail and the free wifi at Bar Vali, tapas at Casa Luis and an ice cream from Antiu Xixona.

As you can see food and drink play a big part in our holiday experience, but we did get out and enjoy the rest of the island as always.

Weather wise we were a bit unlucky with some rain, expected at this time of year, but nevertheless still plenty of sunshine and temps in the early 20’s to allow for some relaxing by the pool. Most of the rain/cloud was in the mornings so we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast or went for a wander around Ikea to choose the aforementioned balcony furniture before making the most of the sun in the afternoon.

After so many visits, we have done all of the various site seeing trips on the island and love them all. This time we took our usual trip to the Teguise Sunday market, enjoying a walk around and lunch at La Tabla. We drove through La Geria and stopped off at Bodega El Grifo. Our other favourite bodega, Stratyvs was closed, a land dispute going through the courts. Hopefully that will soon be resolved as the place is worth the visit and it’s award winning wines a treat. We drove into Arrecife and had a stroll around the shops, drove north to Orzola and spent a few hours on secluded beach all to ourselves.

Sadly after a week of relaxing, good food and enjoying the sunshine, it was time to fly home, courtesy this time of an on time and comfortable trip with Monarch back to Gatwick.

The eight weeks until our next trip can’t come quick enough, with both our March and June flights already booked and those for September and December (timed for the brilliant Teguise food festival) to be booked soon, we can console ourselves that the countdown to the next trip is always underway.

In the meantime, I have my suntan to wind up my work colleagues who have been freezing and soaking wet in London for the last 7 days and if any one has any questions about our trip or the resort, don’t hesitate to ask.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Brilliant trip report and thank you for sharing it with us all :)

You are so lucky having your own apartment in CT.......maybe one day I can say the same.

Lots of info there and I'm sure it will be really useful to others.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,811 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Thank you for writing the trip report NickandAlex enjoyed reading it

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Yes thank you for that, it's great to hear about trips from a real time point of view.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Excellent report, great that you had a good week and are going out soon again, maybe one day we too, will have a apt in Costa Teguise, x

fife scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

we go in 7 weeks its just my 2nd time to CT but my dream would be for 1 day to own my own apt. loved your review

Edited: 04 February 2014, 13:30
scotland,edinburgh
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Great report,I fly out on Sunday with my wife & kid for our first trip to CT.

Think I will defo be trying the Texas house for the Ribs!!!

Cheers

Edited: 04 February 2014, 23:55
Hopwood, United...
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Have a great first trip to CT, am sure it won't be your last. You'll find Texas House just off the main square in between two bars, David's and Chispas. The ribs are huge, one of my favourite meals of the holiday. If you're a real meat eater you'll love La Vaca Loca as well. Good thing about all these places though is the choice, although they are meat heaven for me, my girlfriend is vegetarian but still enjoys the same restaurants, luckily for me! Enjoy.

scotland,edinburgh
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Cheers going all inc but will defo venture out for a couple of nights for Steaks!!:-)

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Oh thankyou for that , lovely to read and more or less that is what we do.. Autoresin yep they have our details too from 6 years ago and we have a car the same...and go all over the island and only spend about 20 euros in petrol so well worth it...we are going to look for an aparment this time too..fingers crossed...you are so lucky . WJX

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa Teguise Trip Report - January 2014.

Sounds like you had a great time...

Although we stay in PDC, we usually take a bus to CT for the day and spend a good few hours on resort and help to boost the economy over there!!

Happy Holidays

Danny

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise
Recent Conversations