We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre paid euro cards

birmingham uk
Level Contributor
125 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Pre paid euro cards

Are these cards accepted in bars if you are having meals and drinks.

Also can we pay for car hire(pluscar) with these cards.Have normally just taken cash,but after using these cards in the usa last year found them much easier to use.Saves carrying lots of Euro's around. Thanks guys.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre paid euro cards

I have the Caxton fx euro card, and use this in shops bars and resturants, also draw cash from atm's:

caxtonfx.com/currency-cards/currency-cards-f…

uk
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre paid euro cards

They are the same as a debit card and you can use them just the same. If you use a card to put a safety deposit on a car that amount twill be held from your card, e.g..so if its a 300e deposit then 300 will be held and you cant access it from your card even though they dont actually remove it.

Personally I wouldnt use a card that holds all my holiday cash as the security deposit card as ive heard that the whole card could be locked, but I dont actually know how true that is, so it might be worth checking up on that before you use it for car hire.

But definitely a good idea using the euro cards. We've been using one since 2007 and its been great. Saves me carrying cash around, and definitely better than the old travellers cheques. In fact I use it in uk when I want to buy stuff online as its safer than using my debit card.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre paid euro cards

I 2nd that too (post#2) these are great for using online, i also used what was left over from previous holiday to book flights with jet2 to go back to Lanzarote!

I have no idea as to car hire with them as hubby uses his credit card for this, so I cant comment on this (e.g. using a prepaid card) I do believe my hubby did have to put a retainer up though from his credit card.

4. Re: Pre paid euro cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:17