We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of cigs in playa blanca

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
cost of cigs in playa blanca

Daughter going to playa blanca next week and will get me some cigarettes. Prices please and does anyone know if you can get menthol. Also price of tobacco. Thanks

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

Hi there, just to let you know that you've posted your question in the Costa Teguise forum and not the Playa Blanca one. But to answer your question, you can get menthol cigarettes over there as I brought my friend some back the last time I was there (this was in CT but I'm sure you'll be able to get them in PB too). I bought her the local make and it was about 9 euros for 200. Don't know how much the well known brands are but my friend said the ones I brought her back were fine for that price.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

I think those green packet superkings at 26.99€s may be the menthol that I photographed in a tobacconists in PB

img855.imageshack.us/img855/1057/2ir3.jpg

someone was asking about L&B a while ago on another thread I have since found the price looking for these at 23.99€ s

Edited: 02 March 2014, 20:30
N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

Delboy, that is the menthol in the green packet.....my sister smokes those. Thanks for helping out :)

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

no problem, I knew photographing the whole shop would come in handy in the end lol

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

Lol Delboy......do the shopkeepers not look at you when you walk around taking all these pics. Just as well you do really as they come in handy for helping people out on here :)

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

It was funny really, it was a newly opened shop and I went up and spoke to the Asian guy owner and asked if I could take a photograph as it was new. His wife said, come in and take as many as you like and don't forget our wine section down at the far end. We I had to oblige didn't I lol

Mrs Db wasn't with me, so no cringing of shoulders there lol

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

Thanks for the reply. I am not very good at geography lol

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

No worries Joan. Hope you get what you're after :)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

Hyperdino, spar and all the indian beer shops do all the cigs, prices vary.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of cigs in playa blanca

Joan B. Make sure your daughter is aware of the limit on the number of cigarettes she can legitimately bring home from Lanzarote, or the other Canary Islands. Because it's a duty free island the limit is 200. The limit is not the same as from mainland Spain. Many people have been caught out by lack of knowledge. HM Customs don't accept "I didn't know" as a valid excuse :-)

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise