We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How cold?

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
164 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How cold?

Hey everyone,

I really feel the cold and having been reading it's a little bit chilly in the eve so maybe take cardi or fleece, looked at webcam earlier and everyone was in proper coats/hoodies and looked cold with arms crossed etc to keep warm!!

Would you say it's usually cold enough in the eve to take a coat with you? Usually take a puffa Gillet thing but don't want to be cold at all!

Thanks

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How cold?

I think you got to bear in mind the bar they are sitting in looks quite exposed, if you can find a nice enclosed restaurant and wear a fleece you maybe ok, in PB we are usually fine with one but if you really suffer from the cold you can wear something warmer like a coat on the plane and then take it off. If you don't use it on holiday nothing is lost. As an alternative you can always also wear a cardigan and a fleece.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How cold?

We were there at this time last year. I travelled in trousers, ankle boots, vest top, cashmere cardigan and a lightweight mac-type jacket. I just 'layered down' when I got warm.. then during the evenings, I 'layered up' if I felt chilly. I used my cardigan or jacket several times - and I had also packed a light jumper and a long-sleeved top, which were also needed. It was too chilly for bare arms in the evenings for me (I didn't wear a couple of dresses I had taken for evenings.. but there were some people strolling around in sleeveless dresses..)

We're going again next week and I'll be taking layers for the evenings.

Maidstone
Level Contributor
349 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How cold?

We were there last week and it was cold! Very very strong winds and you definitely needed a coat, my friends are amazed at me because I don't feel the cold. Today in Kent I have a short sleeved top and linen trousers on! Last week I had double layers, long thick Per Una cardi & scarf in the evenings. Many people with thick fleece hoodies & jeans. But to be fair I think that is unusual & normally a light jacket would be enough.

The day we left was gorgeous, hot & sunny & you would be plenty warm enough in a bikini! Hopefully evenings will get better too but def take something with sleeves.

Have a lovely time anyway.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How cold?

Just returned from ct...I would advise you take some warm clothes. We found if we got the local bus to Carmen it was much warmer there.

Have a nice holiday.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
341 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How cold?

Hi Nikki do you mean just cold at night ?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
341 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How cold?

Hi Nikki do you mean just cold at night ?

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How cold?

We had really bad weather, gusts of wind at 50 mph! We were wrapped up in the day and rain cover on the pushchair to protect from the wind! My two year old cod not walk in it. The weather did start to change as we left to nice and warm in the day. We often caught the local bus for 3 euro each way to Purto del Carmen ( sorry my spelling is rubbish ) and it was very hot there.

Anything else just ask .

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How cold?

Hi nikki was the buses to PDC very busy ?

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How cold?

No, they were big coaches. They run every 20 min and take about 40 min...I think they run till 11pm. I didn't no when to get off but when the road goes one way you are on the strip so we got off there or you can carry on to the big shopping centre.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
164 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How cold?

Wondering whether to change my hotel to stay at this resort instead if it's warmer!!

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise
Recent Conversations