We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cats at Club Sirocco

Which Costa Teguise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Cats at Club Sirocco

Hi hope someone can help me out with this....

I've read that there are stray cats on the complex and am wondering just how prevalent they are?

I have an allergy to the oils in their fur which can land me in A & E should I inadvertently get a stray hair on me and put my hands near my face.

So whilst them being around isn't necessarily a major problem how easy are they to avoid or are they friendly and will come around you?

Do they wander into rooms?

Many thanks .

Manchester England
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cats at Club Sirocco

We had a ground floor room and several cats came into our room (although we did encourage them!) I don't think it would be a problem on the higher floors though.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cats at Club Sirocco

Thank you - we were hoping to have a ground floor room but may have to rethink.

The latest review mentioned them being a problem at dinner - I so hope I am not going to regret this holiday.

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cats at Club Sirocco

When we were there in March (in the serenity adult only section) the lady who was next door (who had been there for 6 weeks) fed the cats daily (we were on the ground floor) so there was always one very persistent (very little) moggy hanging around. I think there is only 3 cats (that's all I saw) and to be honest they never bothered us although they do tend to try and get into the room if you leave the patio door open (because people feed them!). They are not feral cats though and are actually well looked after by the hotel staff. We were SC so don't know about the restaurant, although when we had breakfast on our last day there was no signs of cats and I can't actually believe the staff would allow them in the dining room anyway

If you want to avoid cat contact (which you must do) then a first floor room would be advisable.

Not trying to scare you here but the cats sometimes sleep on the sunbeds around the pool (in the serenity area) - I only saw this once (8am in the morning) and the pool cleaning man soon shooed the cat off the bed

Edited: 02 April 2014, 17:01
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cats at Club Sirocco

Thank you Corky - some really helpful info there :)

I have been in touch with Club Sirocco and they have been brilliant and really helpful - they do not allow cats in the dining room and are happy to accommodate a move to a higher floor if we deem it necessary.

They have confirmed that the cats are well looked after and have regular visits to the vet - and that if necessary plastic sunbeds (wipeable) are available.

They really couldn't have been more accommodating - despite my reservations about the cats I can honestly say that the service so far has been amazing and we are not even there yet.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cats at Club Sirocco

Also when we were there last year, the cats spent a lot of time sleeping on the cushioned seats in the sports bar. One of them kept jumping on my knee when sitting in the sports bar. So you may prefer to avoid the sports bar.

Although we are cat lovers and they may sense that and target us. We also had a few cats practically living in our apartment at the celeste a couple of months ago.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cats at Club Sirocco

I too, am a cat lover, so have a tendancy to encourage them, as other guests do...

Pleased to hear Sirrocco will accomade you well, and give you a upstairs apt

7. Re: Cats at Club Sirocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise