We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerns about the melia salinas

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,674 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Concerns about the melia salinas

Hi

We are booked to stay at the melia in May, just my husband and I - both like the nicer hotels and finer comforts. But have been reading the reviews on the hotel and are more than a little worried. Many reviewers report poor quality rooms and pool areas that are more like a 3* hotel.

They end up paying extra for the "level" which seems to be definitely 5* - As this is the first holiday to Europe we've had in around eight years, always travelled long haul - so I guess we've been a little spoilt.......

However, I gave in to my husband and agreed to give Spain another try with the stipulation we stayed in a nice hotel.

So, has anyone stayed in this hotel and have any tips or suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerns about the melia salinas

Hi, my friends stayed there last year on their Honeymoon and on the whole said it was great. They said that they did get bored of the food as it was repetitive and they had trouble with the shower door in the bathroom one night.....my friend's husband go stuck inside lol (sorry I shouldn't laugh) and had to get someone out to mend the door. But they loved the hotel and the area they were in and the resort of CT itself.

Hope you have a great time :)

London, UK
Level Contributor
246 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerns about the melia salinas

Hi,

I go to Costa a lot but as a treat I have booked the Melia for this May and that was at the recommendation of my boss who stayed there and loved it. A 5* in a tourist resorts never going to be the same quality as a city 5*, but it will still be good. I always try to remember with reviews that people are much more likely to report negative experiences than positives, so the number of positive reviews is a good sign.

I agree with Hever that the food will probably be repetitive, but I think that happens in all hotels when taking a meal option over a more than a day or two, but I believe that you can swap dinner for lunch on the halfboard option which leaves you free to try the numerous lovely restaurants around the resort in the evening if you wish.

I'm there 3rd-13th May, so maybe see you there.

Sam

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,674 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerns about the melia salinas

Thankyou both for your replies. the photos of the hotel do look gorgeous and that's mainly why the hotel was chosen but there were an awful lot of negative comments about outdated rooms unless you were prepared to stick your hand deeper into your pockets.

After i posted this yesterday, i emailed the hotel direct with my concerns and received a very reassuring message back from the manager. we have been guaranteed a refurbished room but naturally if we wish to upgrade to the " level" the cost is €60 per night. a little steep i think! so well see......

Sam - we are there from the 12 th.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 08:16
4. Re: Concerns about the melia salinas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16