We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

hi guys

we have never been to lanzarote before but are looking at 2 weeks late july early august.

we are 2 adults and a 6 year old travelling and amongst the places we are looking at are the nazaret appartments. these fit the bill for us and we would more than likely go self catering so we can get out and about a bit and mix.

my only concern is at that time of year is it necessary to have air con or could we manage without it? the wife and daughter wont be bothered either way its just me lol.

also I have read that the humidity is not so bad on the island and the wind can be a blessing.

I have scoured through previous forums and I am encouraged quite a bit but hopefully someone could tell me more about the specific time of year we would be visiting.

also is it common for the bars and restaurants to have air con or is it generally not needed.

thanks guys an advance.

bob

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

We've always had Air Con but last year in CT was the first year we had booked somewhere without it. To be honest we didn't miss it despite the weather being hot, we felt that after a couple of days we acclimatised to the heat allot better then if we had been in & out of a chilled room . Being able to leave the balcony door open we had a nice breeze through the room day & night.

Leeds
Level Contributor
682 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

No bother at all, usually a lovely breeze and if you leave the windows open you will get a nice cool apartment, CT isn't a rowdy resort usually everything is done for 1pm latest so sleeping isn't a problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited: 27 April 2014, 12:07
Leeds
Level Contributor
682 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

ooops sorry that should read 1am......it isn't that quiet lol.

Preston
Level Contributor
547 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

Not stayed at the Nazaret but we are hoping to try it next Feb - The wind does make the heat bearable, so you should be ok, a lot of the apartments in teguise don't tend to have air con anyway.

The bars and restaurants have outside areas and some are very open air, so you shouldn't have a problem.

So glad you have chosen Teguise - I'm sure you'll love it, and the beach is safe and clean for your six year old. We've been going (sometimes twice) a year for the past 13 years. I've also been a couple of times with two of my work mates, we chose teguise cos we wanted a relaxing week away without any hassle from drunken idiots. Being 3 women we wanted to feel safe walking around and I knew we would be.

Just be aware that the sun is very strong here even on cloudy days - my daughters friend burnt her face in February on a very cloudy (and chilly) day.

Any more questions - just ask

Enjoy

Loobs

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,994 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

Hi Bod, just a tip

I have not stayed at the place but what I always do, is to read the reviews around the period you intend to go, if you look at the apartments around pages 5 / 6 and 7 several people explain their experiences basically you can hire a fan for 15€'s a week, some open windows but worth the read. Also I find out things in other countries like Greece where some places can have wasps etc and if I were going in September to Greece I would be reading the reviews of that period and perhaps the year before to satisfy myself

Hope that helps, you can also pm anybody in the reviews that have the 'talk to x about the place' at the bottom of their review

Hopwood, United...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

Definitely no need for AC in CT so don't worry. Until we bought our own place we always stayed at Nazaret. Great apartments, fantastic location, perfect base for a first trip to CT. Have a great time.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,318 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

I have to agree with the others and say that we have never needed air con in CT and I hate being too hot. The Nazaret apts are in a great location too and across the road from the square where it is buzzing in the evenings with live music and a market on twice a week.

Hope you have a great time :)

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I think that's sorted then

Del boy.i have been called bod before lol but not for a long time.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,994 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

Lol oh sorry for that bob, must be the old days of Farmer Barleymow coming to mind

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first time in costa teguise, air con question and humidity

Air con has always been very important to me after we got hood winked into renting a house in Malta which had pictures of air con units on the walls but when we got there in late Aug with temps of nearly 40 degree the said units were not even hooked up...

The humidity in Malta at that time of year is un bearable as well

You guys have put my mind at rest and we will see you there this summer yeyyy.

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise