We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

UK
Level Contributor
180 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

I had a look at the live webcam on the beachbar lanzarote website a couple of times just to have a nose & couldn't help but notice the trees blowing around!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it really that windy there all the time & will it still be like that in August?

Thanks

1. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 17:43
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

No it's not like it all the time but June-August are the windiest months.

In all honesty it's nice to have the breeze but it can whip the sand up & uproot the parasols occasionally.

I come from a windsurfing background & have been to some of the windiest beaches in the world and CT is certainly not in that league. But the World tour has been hosed in CT.

I wouldn't overly worry about it , you may get some windy days but it comes in cycles.

Be careful where you hang your pants to dry tho & use good pegs ;-)

bradford west...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

Hi

I went last August , and it nearly blew us away, it was so strong, it blew a pint tankard off the table outside the pub !!!!

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

I don't think I've ever experienced the wind as others describe it? Maybe it doesn't bother me as much I don't know but it is certainly welcome when it's HOT :)

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

I have been going for years and have never experienced the wind to be a problem I find it really welcoming because it does get very hot.

Hopwood, United...
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

There are windy periods now and periods of calm. August will be the same, agree wind doesn't bother us and when it is hot you will welcome it. Lying in the sun in CT today, temps in the mid 30's in direct sunshine, the breeze and regular dips in the pool were a godsend!

Kent
Level Contributor
6,370 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

seriously, just back and if it wasn't windy you would melt! when the wind drops it's a burning feeling and we are serious sunworshippers!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

Yes it's windy but not really bad at all! The first day there was a wind so me and my boyfriend just walk along the sea front and we came back to the hotel red raw! The sun was so deceiving!

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

I honestly believe that the people that moan about the wind are the same people that moan that the Sunday Roast they had in CT wasn't as good as the one they make at home.

It's a breeze, not a gale force wind. It wouldn't ruin your holiday and if I'm honest I didn't even notice it was breezy until someone mentioned it to me.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Windy in Costa Teguise in August????

I agree with tonyalison. It's not really bad. The breeze is nice when it's hot

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise