We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smartline ficus hairdryer???

Which Costa Teguise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
smartline ficus hairdryer???

hi can anyone tell me if there is hairdyer in the room? also do they have a kettle?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,928 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

No hairdryers or kettles, but you can hire a kettle from reception (subject to availability).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

thanks for reply, do you know how much to hire? also do you pay for the tv?

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

Have a look at their own website, lots of info re TV etc. Then email them for costs..... apartamentosficus.com/english/contacto.php

I'm still gobsmacked that any self catering apartment would charge to hire a kettle !! I'd double check when you email them because several reviews on TA indicate a kettle is included in the apartment

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,928 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

Ficus is AI, not self catering.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

Who cares................they're apartments not hotel rooms, with a kitchen, fridge, hob etc. but no kettle apparently unless you pay !

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

Also take some cutlery with you as when we were there in january only had a couple of things ...we took knives,folks,tin opener etc and a tea towel .

You do pay for the remote control for the Tv , im not sure if it was 15 euro ..to be honest i cant remember, i went through the reviews and found quite a lot out about the hotel before we went so had an idea what to expect .

QWe also took our own travel kettle and hairdryer but people did hire from reception

Edited: 31 August 2014, 07:32
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,928 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

They're still apartments because they were self catering (although from memory, you could hardly have self catered in them lol), many years ago, but they were stripped of most of their kitchen stuff presumably because it's thought that people who choose to go AI don't want to self cater. Most hotel rooms don't have kettles in them, and that is essentially what the Ficus is now.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

Having stayed at the Ficus, I can confirm they still have a kitchen in the apartments, with sink, hob, fridge etc, but no crockery whatsoever, I dont think the hob even works, no kettle, take your own... no hairdryer either.

very basic, you have to pay for safe, tv, kettle fan etc

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

seriously...no cutlery???? what about cups or glasses?? omg x

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: smartline ficus hairdryer???

There was certainly nothing in the cupboards when we were there, helped ourselves to 2 glasses from bar for a drink in our apartment, these apartments are now All inclusive so they do not need to have crockery or utensils in them, I am not sure if all apts are the same, or if they do different board options, but I dont think so...

You get towels and bathmat supplied, thats it...

Get answers to your questions about Costa Teguise