We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit to Fuerteventura

Norfolk
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
first visit to Fuerteventura

interested in Hotel Fuerteventura Princess in Jandia or Rui Palace Tres Islas in Corralego looking for a good beach holiday for March 09 but would like to be able to get into town to some bars in evening if hotel entertainment crap. Fancy Rui Palace is it too far from Corralejo using a cab? What other hotels would you recommend we are in our 50s dont want too many children want lovely beach and hotel with good food, not just English bland stuff, and able to go to some bars in evening if necessary dont know weather to go Corralejo or Jandia. Worried the germans will be unfriendly in the latter after reading some reviews.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first visit to Fuerteventura

the rui hotel is stuck in the middle of no where but it is only a short taxi ride into town about 5mins, but when i say in middle of no where i mean stuck on a beach and thats all, for being the age you are and for what you are requesting with ur holiday i really sujest u take a look at the blue bay palace, its a 4star half board with class, and it takes about 2mins to walk to the main strip of corrlejo where all the bars and resturants are,

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first visit to Fuerteventura

The FP is a a great hotel and would be my preference but it is further out oft he centre than the ones you have picked in Corra. As it is your first visit I think Corra may be the best bet for what you want.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first visit to Fuerteventura

Has any one been to the Rui Palace Jandia Hotel in Jandia if so what do you think of it also is it much cooler in Corralejo than Jandia in March?

Blackpool, England
Level Contributor
563 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first visit to Fuerteventura

The RUI Palace in Jandia is a very nice hotel with good facilities although it is a bit large so can be a little inpersonal. Check out reviews on this site, most seem to agree its a good hotel.

This is a much better location than the Tres Islas in Corralego as it is right on the main strip (Jandia is really just one promenade street)and faces the beautiful beach with just a path that leads up to old village of Morro Jable beteween the hotel and beach.

Although Jandia is dominated by German tourists it is now starting to attract quite a lot of english. I found the place to e very friendly and most bar / restraunt staff can handle both German and English. I have been to both Jandia and Corralejo and prefer Jandia. Corralejo is a bit livelier at night but the beach is much better in Jandia.

swindon
Level Contributor
95 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first visit to Fuerteventura

We are about the same age and have stayed at FP 3 times, and going back in late April. It is an excellent hotel, right on the beach with sand either side for miles. The staff are good and usually speak good English.

It is situated about 10 mins in a taxi from the main town, but taxi is only about 6 euro.

The pools and sun lounging areas are excellent. There is also a quiet pool with 2 huge saunas where you can lose your inhibitions and relax in perfect peace and quiet, with no children allowed.

The food is good, with lots of choice, although it can be germanic at times. It is buffet style, but there are usually 3 or 4 choices where they cook to your taste. There is an excellent choice at breakfast, my favourite is the freshly cooked omelettes. You can also have a late breakfast until 11am by the pool. There is also a restaurant outside by the pool that you can book at night.

Evening entertainment is ok, but not brilliant, but there is a pianist in the upstairs bar most evenings.

We have been in the Rui, but not stayed there. It is about the same distance from Corraleco, as the FP is from Jandia.

6. Re: first visit to Fuerteventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Costa Calma
Recent Conversations