We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

Cork
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather?

Travelling to costa calma for a week from 11-18 May..... Hard to get my head around weather and winds there at this time if year....advice for evenings please.... Does it get chilly and would we need jumpers/jackets in the evening?

Thank you

Jan

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather?

Hi Jan, I came back from Costa Calma last week, there was a heat wave when I arrived temperatures mid 30s + then mid 20s+. I visit the island every three months, previous was end of January and I didn't need jumpers or anything, very comfortable in shorts and t shirt in the evenings. If you take warm clothing I think it's probably a waste of luggage space. Hope this helps enjoy your break, Phil

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
112 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather?

Hey Jan Jan we're flying out the same time as ye, staying in Corralejo though. a friend of mine is over in Jandia at the moment and he said it has been 28-32 degs for past few days the wind is not that strong but the temps are supposed to drop next week so I would say bring a light cardigan or 2 ....have a great holiday :)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather?

We're here at Caleta de Fuste at the moment. It has been ludicrously hot for the last 3 days or so, but last Friday we were in hoodies in the daytime. It's due to get cooler again from Saturday (it was 32 in the shade T 3pm here today) and the wind has got up so it feels cooler agan this evening.

I would bring a cardigan / hoodie / fleece for the evening as you may need it if the wind stays up. During the day you probably won't need one unless you get a very cloudy, windy day. One thing to remember is that dresses do blow about - wish. Had more shorts with me and less sundresses for the daytime!

You'll have a wonderful time. The wind is great for Collins you off when walking around. Just be mindful the it is still hot and you will burn even if it does feel cooler in the breeze!

Xxx

4. Re: Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Costa Calma
Recent Conversations