We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

cape town
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

Hello,

We are two families travelling in July, with kids ranging from 20 months, 11, 13, 18, to 20 years!

We have been going back and forth between Cala d'or in Majorca and resorts in Ibiza, and have recently discovered the Royal Beach Apartments in Playa d'en Bossa to rent through the White-Ibiza website.

Playa d'en Bossa is not necessarily my resort of choice (too busy perhaps), however the high end apartment style is what caught my attention (it seems most hotels are really outdated in most resorts?)

I have a few questions:

1) is Playa d'en Bossa a good area for young children? They keep referring to the resort as a club resort and that makes me nervous!

Even though we don't mind a good (grownup) vibey place, we definitely don't want to be in a club area.

2) Is it safe to book through the White-Ibiza site? I only have an email thread as reference, and they want me to pay the full amount 30 days before arrival? Is this normal practice in Ibiza? Has anyone dealt with Christian's from www.clubpibiza.com?

3) Is the beach in front of this apartment block nice, and is the water clear? And is the beach easily accessible from the block?

4) What other area do you know of that has this sort of high end apartment, but perhaps in a less vibey area? Maybe something on the south-west coast?

We are after crystal clear water, a nice beach or little cove (doesnt have to be a long stretch of sand necessarily) , some village life and restaurants around us.

We will have a car for the entire time so we will be able to discover the island on a daily basis.

Would you say Playa d'en Bossa fulfills our needs and will serve as a good base?

SO confused!!!

Thank you in advance!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,159 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

Royal beach is right on the front, you exit straight onto the beach. You are at the Ibiza Town end of playa den bossa a long way from the beach clubs and space.

We always stay just down the road, the beach is great just outside the apartments and the jetty for the ferries is also outside your back door.

What I call the family beach bars are nearby, where you can watch the children play and enjoy a drink.

Dont know any other block that meets this standard in the area. We had a look round last year when it was completed and we were very impressed.

have to say you need to do your homework re the agents, because of the short season (june to september) upfront payment normal.

cape town
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

Do you know if its in the Marina Botafoch area? I googled images of the marina, and I must say, its not the best images I've seen of the island, it seems very modern - perhaps lacking a bit of quaintness and character?

Would you say this is the only place we will get a luxury apartment/hotel right on the beach, or are you aware of something nice on any of the other little covers or beaches? We do not mind something a little more quiet, as long as there are some nice restaurants and a bit of village life closely.

We actually prefer smaller traditional hotels close to crystal clear water- its just the interior seems to be completely dated in these.... which is why this apartment stood out.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,159 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

The Royal Beach is the other side of Ibiza town from the Marina Botafoch area.

If you look at the hotel Goleta and hotel Mare del mar they are the two hotels closest too the Royal beach.

The best luxury hotel I have stayed into close to a beach is the Insotel Prestige in Santa Eulalia. A 5 minutes walk to the beach. S E is the family resort of Ibiza ideal for young children, however, for me closes down at midnight when we want to go out. Ibiza Town comes awake at midnight.

santa gertrudis is for me the best location if you want village life, but is in the centre of the island, however, you are a 20 minute drive to the coast. Some great villas/farmhouses in this area. has a great number of excellant eating places

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

Ian, I think 7christi7 is off on a different flight of fancy now,but anyway, did you mean Hotels Goleta and Tres Carabelas?

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

i think he means sirenis club goleta and torre del mar......

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

ah yes, of course.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,159 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

Your right Bee, mixing my resorts up

8. Re: Playa d'en Bossa with kids, Royal Beach Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:16