We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would you say is best ?

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Which would you say is best ?

hotel garbi bella den bossa or hotel torre del mar bella den bossa, we would like nice clean rooms not on the flight path,spa,wifi,easy walks to all attractions, good mix of people and ages although not screaming children as we are having a girls holiday no kids for a week, where we want to chill, shop dance and meet new people

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which would you say is best ?

all of Playa Den Bossa is on the flightpath of Ibiza airport one every 20mins in peak season. I would suggest here http://www.migjorn-apartments.com/

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which would you say is best ?

I think migjorn, as suggested by dannykay, would be an excellent choice for you. When we stayed in Playa den Bossa (Don Toni hotel) we were amazed at the amount of planes flying almost over our heads but after a few days you get used to this and hardly notice.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which would you say is best ?

That place looks lovely but if you say its all under the flight path is this one as well and is this place self catering or catered as really dont want to be self catering do enough cooking at home with a family of 7

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which would you say is best ?

We booked the Garbi, reviews look good and the price was ok

Hotel looks nice and the location is fine for us.

Going in may

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,421 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which would you say is best ?

Even my daughter has stayed and enjoyed the Torre del Mar.

www.hoteltorredelmar.com/

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which would you say is best ?

between your two choices I would go for the garbi. I understand the Torre del mar has undergone an update this winter, was really needed. They cant even fly the Union jack the right way round, maybe not a problem for Lord k, but an insult to us.

Migjorn is right under the flight path as is Don Toni. Planes come in over the sea. The garbi, and Torre del mar are not under the flight path whilst there is some noise is not noticeable.

In addition the prevailing wind means the planes take off normally, (the whole of our last 2 week visit) over the sea and bank west away from the resort, in the Torre and garbi you will hear no noise. In the Migjorn will be deafening, I know stayed there.

The nearer to Figueretas end of PDB you are the quieter.

As I am into plane spotting the best position is on the roof of the Bossa Mar apartments, they are nearly overhead. That why we stay at the Migjorn, great approach photos. Not good for staying though.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
841 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which would you say is best ?

Torre del Mar has indeed been renovated, they have very large rooms which might be a plus..

8. Re: Which would you say is best ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa d'en Bossa