We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
just back

Well just back from our first visit to Tenerife where we stayed at The Comodoro for 8 day's ,had great weather, great meal's, great day's out and will be going back in March, any question's ask away

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just back

Hi Danny, glad you had a great holiday, it must have been good if you have booked to go again. We are going out at the end of the month and counting. Any tip on places to go, or things to do?

Huntly, United...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back

Hi Daney

Heading out to LC in 3 weeks.

Are any of the new shopping units occupied yet on the strip on the front between the Arona Gran and the Oasis Moreque?

They've been empty for years but heard that permission has been granted to occupy them now.

Thanks

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back

Hiya, well I would say go to Loro park ,I really enjoyed it, we hired a car and made our own way there so had a full day, if you do go you can pay 10 euro each and do the discovery tour where you get to look behind the scenes and learn a lot of different things about the park and animal's, I thought it was well worth the money.Also went to mount Tiede, did not like the mountain roads, but hey im a nervous passenger on straight roads never mind roads that go up and up !IThe cable car up was 25 euro return each, we thought that was far too much as after all it's only a view so did'nt bother, but im sure a lot of people would disagree with me on that point.We also did a couple of music show's, the sound of the musical's was dinner and drink included and we both thought well worth the money, also did rock story no meal and you brought your drinks, ok but would not do again.One thing i might add is make your own way by taxi as it was less than 10 euro and you arn't stuck on a coach doing all the pick up's.We walked along the front one day from los cristionas to I think it was fanabe, about 7 miles or so, nice walk with plenty of places to stop for a drink or to eat.As for the new shopping units, sorry as im not a shopping girl i did'nt notice if they were open. Any more questions just ask away

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back

The Gagie ,i was over in September at which time 2 units had been taken up both bars ,and i dont think they were doing much but maybe they did on sundays when the markets on .......................

Bit concerned by post number 1.......................a DE asking where to go ,especially as it has been posted that he has gone for 40 plus years to Tenerife ?????!!!!

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back

There are now four bars open in the new row of locals between Arona Gran and the Oasis Moreque. I walked past during the afternoon a few days ago and all of them had people in them. I have been into Charlottes, the one on the corner, and the food in there was good and reasonably priced. Haven't been in any of the others but from from Charlottes they are Las Castañuelas, The Moon and El Pirata.

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back

We were staying at the Arona Gran a couple of weeks ago and the bars were doing decent business when we went out around 10pm on the Saturday night and a couple were still quite busy with young Canarios when we passed on the way back around 2am.

Thought they looked really nice but we were too tired to check them out by that time.

Huntly, United...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back

Thank you all for your replies.

Will be nice to try out some new bars when we visit.

Robin "The gadgie"

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just back

Hi Onelegnofeet, it is always nice to know where others have been, and what they liked, that what this forum is for. I may have been out a few times, but there is always something new and different in Tenerife, that's why we like it so much. We all learn from each other, me included. Thanks.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just back

In that case imo you could visit the south of the island ,which is totally different from the north .Its imo usually warmer if only by a few degrees and a little less chance of rain .

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just back

well i have just booked to go back to los cristianos next March, hoping to see even more of Tenerife

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos