We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in tenerife

durham.north east
Level Contributor
449 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
first time in tenerife

We are going to los cristianos in march for the first time,and i would really like to go to mount teide.Please does anybody know how far it is?

Thankyou,brenda......

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in tenerife

Hi Brenda

You will have no problem seeing Teide in March. I would advise booking with a good TO, you can get either a half day or full day trip but dependant on the weather you may not be able to go up in the cable car.

If I were you I would book with Tenerifesunshine {link below}, with you staying in LC they can deliver the tickets straight to your hotel if you want and have a vey good reputation on this forum

http://www.tenerifesunshine.com/

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

PS; I would advise a light jacket or cardigan as it can feel a little cool up there ;0)

Edited: 23 October 2010, 19:26
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
595 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time in tenerife

I have done the Island Trip which includes a trip up Teide 3 or 4 times now. Once taking in Loro Park and a couple taking in PDC and one taking in the Black Madonna. They are all well worth the money. The only thing wrong was it took 2 visits to find out I was altitude sick. I now take tablets.All the travel guides have been a mine of information. Like the previous poster take a jacket it can and does get very cold up there.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time in tenerife

would just like to advise you that the snow was still there when we left in April " MUY FRIO"

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time in tenerife

Will the cabelcar still be the same price ,we went about 3 weeks ago and I thought 25 euros return was a rip off, will it be any cheaper?

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
595 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time in tenerife

Each time I have gone up Teide the cable car has been closed because of the weather up there. Admittedly it has been winter and that is when Teide has her hat on (snow).

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time in tenerife

Hi Daney'

I think you will find the cable car price is set by the goverment so {like anywhere else that has that system} I would believe that the price will only go up. All the trips to Teide only include the meal and the run into the national parque de Teide and not the cable car trip as if the car is closed the refund situation would be a nightmare

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

durham.north east
Level Contributor
449 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time in tenerife

Thankyou everyone,your advice has been noted....

8. Re: first time in tenerife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos