We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opening times New Year supermarkets - New Years Eve venue

Which Los Cristianos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
opening times New Year supermarkets - New Years Eve venue

Me Again - Looking for New Years Eve Venue arriving afternoon on the 31st 2010. We need to find supermarket for that day/New years Day and do you know anywhere can go to see in New Year in Cristianos that doesn't need pre-booking. Many thanks in advance.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opening times New Year supermarkets - New Years Eve venue

I haven't spent New Year's Eve in Los Cristianos for a number of years however, when last there, the Church Square was a hive of activity, some stalls selling food etc and the place was packed and of course, on the stroke of midnight, everyone ate grapes and toasted in the New Year with Vino. It was magical.

Preston
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: opening times New Year supermarkets - New Years Eve venue

Hi thanks for your reply - will see if I can find that - do you know where the church square is in relation to the marina end of cristianos - or we will be staying off ave las londres which is near to the Arona Gran?

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: opening times New Year supermarkets - New Years Eve venue

There are two ways to get to the Church, one is to go up the main road that leads from the Arona Gran more or less parallet to the Atlantic Ocean and when you get to traffic lights, turn left here [ straight ahead is where the "bus station" is ] carry on down here and this leads you straight to the Church. The other way is to make your way to the walkway that goes from the Arona, alongside the sea, it does undulate slightly but is not a difficult walk. You will eventually come to where the promenade widens out and will see Burger King, on a corner, on your right. Turn up past here and the Church Square is just a little further up.

If you go into Google and input Street Map of Los Cristianos, you will see the Church icon on this.

Not sure about supermarkets being open, possibly small shops or even Iceland near to the Arona, will be open in the afternoon of New Years Eve. However, no worry to get your grapes for the chimes of midnight, one grape to be swallowed with each chime, the stalls in the square sell small packets of them.

I just hope that what I have told you is correct because as I said, a good many years since being there on New Years Eve. Perhaps Aguilas or one of the other locals will see your post and give you some more informatiion.

Lucky you to be flying out, counting the days - hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Preston
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: opening times New Year supermarkets - New Years Eve venue

Thanks so much for your help - can't wait to go - fingers crossed no more snow before Fri.

Best Wishes for the New Year. Pauline

5. Re: opening times New Year supermarkets - New Years Eve venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2011, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations