We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

My wife and I are going to LC later this week for the first time.

We enjoy good food and entertainment.

Any recommendations from seasoned travellers to LC?

Thanks.

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
399 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

Not a seasoned traveller to LC but like you I was a first time visitor in March.

Here is a link to my review tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g659661-i12269-k…

There are lots of people on here who will help you like they helped me. Cyberhiker, Aquilla, Oneleg to name a few.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
406 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

If you love a nice Sunday Roast - then visit the Roasthouse - but not just on a Sunday.

Living in Yorkshire, I know a thing or two about them, they are fantastic and so is the 'real' gravy they are served with.

Enjoy.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

Thanks Corky - your review was really helpful and informative

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

Thanks Royal - we will check out the Roasthouse

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,842 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

Mexican ....Rosies Cantina ,under Royal Palm .in Los Cris .

The Olive Garden ,just over from Cristimar near Oasis Mango ,basic in looks but the foods very good .

Just along the road out of Los Cris above Playa Las Vistas is the San Telmo Area ,up there is Habib (lebonese) ,Slow Boat (Chinese ,but not your usual decorated red and gold decor ,a bit swish ) also my favourite up there "The Watermelon heres a link to this place

…tenerife.co.uk/watermelon-restaurant/#comme…

But do give others a chance and give them a clue ...what type of food ,and entertainment singers /comedy/bingo !!!!(god forbid )

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

Thanks one - some really good suggestions here...

Entertainment wise - karaoke, good live music etc?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,475 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

IMO the Original Bistro does the best roast for miles around but you need to book as it is tiny and soon fills up, they also do other wonderful meals, Nikki the chef is English and her OH is Canarian so a great mix.

Entertainment Irish Times if you want a late night, just been with a group that finally left there at gone 3.00 this morning, good live music. Same with the Claddagh (San Telmo) Gerry is a good musician and lots of people jam with him.

Karaoke (Yuk) but always popular in Churchills (between the beach and church square), Depending where you are staying the Mirador strip has a good selection of restaurants and bars with quite a few having entertainment. Bit more Irish is Nancy Spain's opposite the Sunday Market, first rate food and Sean OCelt 6 nights a week.

There are so many places to choose from it is hard to recommend I am sure you will soon find your own favourites.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

London
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

WHere is the original Bistro please? the link isnt working....

thanks

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,475 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

Original Bistro is quite hard to describe and of course Google maps don't go there as it is pedestrianised. It is tucked away in a tiny side street off the Church Square. With the church on your right, head down towards the seafront and where the road divides take the left fork (Cafe 5 on the corner) then take the 1st turn on the left and it is at the end. As you walk down it looks like a dead end but it isn´t.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Cristianos - First Time Visitors. Any Recommendations?

In my opinion, best karaoke/entertainment bar in Los Cristianos is Dreamers (owned by one of Freddie and the Dreamers). It is near the seafront behind the Irish times - compere is a very friendly Scottish girl called Angie who has an amazing voice herself.

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations