We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chlorine in the shower/bath/tap water

dorset
1 post
Save Topic
chlorine in the shower/bath/tap water

does anyone know if this is a widespread thing throughout tenerife? only we went to the paradise park hotel in 2011 and had trouble as the water was chlorinted in the showers in the rooms which is not ideal if a) you have sensitive skin ad b) have blonde hair! can any one give any advice of any hotels they have been to that do not have this problem! As I am not returning the the paradise park purley because of this

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chlorine in the shower/bath/tap water

I think you'll find the chlorine levels are the same everywhere in Tenerife and Spain in general. It doesn't affect my skin but I have highlights and it certainly does make my hair a very brassy colour. I use to think it was the sun and used all sorts of products but now I realise it's the chlorine in the water.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chlorine in the shower/bath/tap water

Hi, I would have though that any chlorine would be added at source, and therefore the same within the area at least, if not the island. As far as I am aware there is only one water company in Tenerife.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

However you can buy 10L of water for 1.50€, so you can always wash your hair with that.

My wife says that hairdressers are cheaper than in the UK, as an alternative, but I suspect they will use tap water.

3. Re: chlorine in the shower/bath/tap water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos