We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Christianos, Playa Amercas or Costa Adeje ? Help

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
415 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Los Christianos, Playa Amercas or Costa Adeje ? Help

Hi - we have never been to Tenerife before.

We are in our fifties and like a bit of life (tribute acts, bands, karaoke and singers) but not mad.

We may also be doing some scuba divin and like a nice walk along the promenade.

Which resort would be best for us?.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Christianos, Playa Amercas or Costa Adeje ? Help

Hi SnorkelAddict ,

we were in the same dilemma ourselves a couple of years ago when we first visited Tenerife :) It is a big decision as there is so much to choose from you get a little daunted . Our first trip we stayed in San Eugenio Costa Adeje , it was a lovely area with all what you would like , tribute acts and so on and the diving . We used to love the lovely long walks along the Prom as far as Los Cristianos .

On our second visit we stayed in Los Cristianos which also has everything you would like so either of these two areas would be good for you , you just have to narrow down what type of accommodation you would like and make sure you check out the reviews before you book :) Best of luck with your search ,

regards Deedee

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Christianos, Playa Amercas or Costa Adeje ? Help

The promenade from Los Cristianos is a long flat walk to Adeje with Las Americas in the middle .There are bars and restaurants all along the way. The area around the Safari centre would be our favourite and the Mare Nostrum Resort is a good choice with the shops and restaurants at the front and the beach at the back.

There is just a very small area called Veronica's that is used by young clubbers but apart from there I think you would like any area.

Can't help with scuba diving but I'm sure someone else will.

Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Christianos, Playa Amercas or Costa Adeje ? Help

I am just back from Los Cristianos and had never snorkelled in my life, let alone scuba dived, but went diving as a complete novice with Ocean Dreams/Flyover Tenerife. It was amazing, a boat from Puerto Colon in Las Americas to a bay called (I think) El Pedito, a marine conservation area teeming with marine life, especially turtles which are very big and very friendly. Cost was € 60 and it was the best money I spent in my 10 days there. Part of the fee goes to conserving the habitat so It's a worthy project. Picked up from my hotel and dropped off afterwards. Worth considering.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,086 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Christianos, Playa Amercas or Costa Adeje ? Help

I always aim for the Costa Adeje area but you can walk from Costa Adeje through PDLA into Los Cris all the way along the seafront anyway, so I can't see that it makes a massive difference. You are within easy reach of all of the areas. Buses are cheap and regular so you can either catch one of them or a taxi if you don't fancy walking. Perhaps base it on the hotel of your preference.

essex
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
1,185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Christianos, Playa Amercas or Costa Adeje ? Help

Love Tribute Acts,and a good night out.Los Crstianos is where we stay.MARGARITA RESTAURANT in LC serves really good food,and normally has 3 acts every night.Also Bar 39 has a resident DUO CALLED KRACKA they do Blues Bros/Eagles/Madness/ etc are really entertaining also another act each night.Look at reviews on TA

6. Re: Los Christianos, Playa Amercas or Costa Adeje ? Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations