We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants for foodies

Which Los Cristianos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield(UK)
Level Contributor
63 posts
280 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants for foodies

We are due to stay at Hollywood Mirage and would be interested if anyone can recommend any restaurants within walking distance. We are prepared to walk 30-40 minutes. We enjoy the walk there and back.

We are foodies and search out good food and wine as a major part of our holiday. There isn't much we don't like. We are not quantity people, neither are we food snobs. We don't seek out 'English' food. We love fish and most meditteranean style foods.

We while the evening away sitting in the restaurant and enjoy the ambience, we avoid rowdy bars with lots of disco music and karaoke. A restaurant with a view is a bonus but the food and wine is the centrepiece.

If anyone can share any tips I would be very grateful.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants for foodies

There are many excellent restaurants with beautiful views in Los Cristianos but to be totally honest I don´t think any are what you would call a 'foodie heaven'. If you want these then you will have to be prepared to move away from the immediate location.

Places I like and this is purely personal taste are Pascal's, (no view as such)

Habibi and/or Watermelon both good food and lovely views

Many will recommend El Cine for seafood and if you like fish it is great but looks like a cafe!

For lunch pop into the new bread shop/cafe Panaria in Los Cristianos (If you are in church square (with the church behind you) take the road on the right and it is close to the petrol station/ supermarket). Fabulous, breads, cakes, pastries. A coffee and cake €2.50, a sandwich, cake and drink €4.00 they also have a lunch menu that is around €7.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

essex
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
1,133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants for foodies

Watermelon in San Telmo,strongly reccomended for food,wine (COCKTAILS,try their MOJITO,it is Fantastic) and the view is Great,overlooking Las Vista Beach.Just at bottom of hill from where you are staying,on seafront is IMO best VALUE FOR MONEY FOOD anywhere,excellent food,unbelieveable low prices,very friendly atmosphere,the OLIVE GARDEN.also about half way down hill and turn right,is MARGARITA RESTAURANT,excellent food,big menu,and Live Entertainment nightly (NO Kareoke,thank HEAVENS),CHECK IT ALL ON REVIEWS ON TA,by the way if you go to Olive Garden,you must try their CURR IES,they are out of this world.,and tell them I sent you

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants for foodies

Hi Xante,

Check out this guide - mi-gusto.com/index-ingles_archivos/migustopa…

I think you will find what you are looking for around pages 82 - 104.

Sheffield(UK)
Level Contributor
63 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants for foodies

Thank you Aguilas, bigbarry and nellyb. I have researched your recommendations and selected what I think will be a number of restaurants that will meet our needs.

Thank you again.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants for foodies

Hi Xante, another for the Watermelon, but also try Olivers With A Twist in Los Cristianos, Biancos in the Safari Centre and Mama Rosas In PDLA, all qualtiy eating places.

Scotland
Level Contributor
406 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants for foodies

Was in LC for 17 nights in December and the restaurants we liked best were

Watermelon

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g659661-d1…

Tasca Casa Paco

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g659661-d2…

Sher Y Punjab

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g659661-d2…

Olive Garden

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g659661-d1…

Would also recommend La Fortuna for a superb lamb shank.

Edited: 28 February 2013, 22:25
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants for foodies

http://blog,tenerife.co.uk/watermelon-restaurant/#comment-14365

http://www.ccsantelmo.com/eng/shops.hml

http://www.laterrazzadelmare.com/en.html

if google translate doesnt come up on this link ,click on the UK flag button

"Olive Garden " basic in looks but great food ,if you like rocket fuel curry try "Satans Ashes "if you dare !!! A small place and very popular so make a booking ......

"Slowboat 2 "...excellent chinese ,none of the red and gold tat furnishings ,white leather seating /sofa .......

Edited: 01 March 2013, 06:35
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants for foodies

Sorry Watermelon link issues ,try again

…tenerife.co.uk/watermelon-restaurant/#comme…

Sheffield(UK)
Level Contributor
63 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants for foodies

Thanks yorkslee_7, Bigrobscotlan... amd onelegnofeet for your recommendations. I have checked these out and added a good number to my hit list. Cheers!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants for foodies

Our favourite restaurant is La Barca in Vista Sur at the PdlA end of Playa las Vistas. We've used it for years and the food is consistently good. My wife had one 'poor' meal there some years ago and the staff apologised every night after that when we went back in.

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations