We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical help in Los cristianos

Which Los Cristianos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Congleton, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Medical help in Los cristianos

I am staying at the oasis mango apartments this tuesday coming. Although i am not well with feeling faint and sickness and been ill for about 4 months The doctors cant find anything wrong and am awaiting a brain scan but this wont be untill after my holiday. My doctor cant see a problem with me going on holiday but i just was wondering what the medical help out there is like just in case?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

If you have travel insurance this will cover you at Hospiten Sur which is on the borders of Las Americas and Los Cristianos. If it is an emergency then use your up to date EHIC and check out this link tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k65…

I hope you won´t need to test our health service but it is best to have everything to hand.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

Be aware that if you have taken your insurance out since your medical condition you will not be covered for anything related to that illness by your travel insurance , unless of course you have declared it.

Congleton, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

I asked my doctor about this but because they are still trying to find out what it is then on paper i dont have a condition.

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

Medical out here is fantastic so don't worry about the standard of service.

Make sure you have all your relevant papers, but be prepared that if you do require medical services, you generally have to pay upfront, then claim on your return back to the UK

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,669 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

In my experience if you have visited a doctor with symptons then it's all down on your medical file and could create problems making any claim if you have not declared it to the insurance company. Insurance companies are well known for trying to get out of paying.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

I have to agree with Daisy ..even though not diagnosed it may affect your claim on normal Travel Insurance so please look into Medical Travel Insurance .There is a section asking if you are awaiting appointments /procedures etc .So you would be fully covered once discussed with any companies staff .

I know how people think Medical Travel insurance prices are high ,but myself having lots of medical conditions i found prices for yearly multi trip cover from £260 and single trip cover from £74 .I feel happier being covered than ending up paying for none disclosure and not being covered .

Have a look at such companies as "StaySure" and "All Clear" ..........

Hope this helps .And have a FANTASTIC HOLIDAY

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

That's true Daisy. I met an hysterical woman in a mainland Spanish hospital who's husband was being put out because his insurance wouldn't pay .He had been diagnosed with Legionaires disease and she told them he had a cough before they left Britain ,even though he hadn't been ill. As you say they will do anything to get out of paying. I think Jazmin would be better to declare it as it probably wouldn't be that much extra .

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

If you had your suspected medical condition after you took out your insurance policy .. then you should be covered .. I will give you an example of what happened to me ...

I had a "funnyturn" about 3 years ago .... the only way I can describe it .. I was in hospital for 3days under going tests ... and then out patients for two scans ... As my OH has a special condition on his insurance , we phoned the insurance to check about myself as we still didn't have the all clear ... They replied >>> As long as I didn't have anything before we took out the insurance , then I was covered , and only had to declare any conditions when we renewed <<<<<

As it happened after all the tests nothing was found and I was given the all clear , but not till long after my holiday had ended .. I just had to carry a letter with me from the hospital in case I set the security alarms off at the airport owing to the sensitivity of radiation detectors !

So my message to you Jazmin is > just check it out with your insurance , as I did ...

Sylla

9. Re: Medical help in Los cristianos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos
Recent Conversations